^_^ Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: ^_^ Hello
(27-03-2014 06:25 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 06:21 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  Well that's what I thought. See, this is why I question everything. I was correct at first dammit. :-)

Actually, upon further research, we are both correct. It can mean either that the sun is the center of the universe or that the sun is the center of the solar system.

Well cool Smile Glad that's cleared up! Thanks for finding out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2014, 06:50 PM
(27-03-2014 06:35 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Hey guy. Welcome to TTA have fun with whatever
*runs back to SBT*

Thanks Smile
27-03-2014, 06:57 PM
(27-03-2014 05:33 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 05:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  One does not "agree" with fact.
One accepts it or one is a fucktarded cuntmunching idiot and doesn't.

So what didn't you "agree" with and why?

Wow.. started off strong there didn't you? I said I don't "necessarily" agree with everything that he says. Meaning, I don't know unequivocally that the universe is 13.8 billion years old. I am not 100% certain that evolution is true. Mr. Tyson himself exorts at the beginning of the show to "question everything", so why are you so upset?

That's Dr. Tyson.

Welcome to the forum. Maybe you'd like to start a thread on your views on COSMOS.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-03-2014, 06:57 PM
(27-03-2014 06:48 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  Well, while I don't like to be labeled ignorant, I suppose the label here would fit, because I simply do not know of all of the evidence for evolution.

That is an admirable admission.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
27-03-2014, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2014 07:26 PM by Hughsie.)
You can tell a lot by reading the last sentence of a long angry post first.
I lol'd

Quote:You treat religion as if it has no merits, when in fact there is a ton of evidence for that as well.

LOL!! LOL!!

Quote:That's fine, don't be civil, it is only proving how immature you are. I'm fine with that. Smile

Me too. I can act mature when need be. You can't be smart when need be, Content Removed

Quote:And I didn't say that the evidence for evolution was "vague", I said that you had, at that point, only given a vague reference to "mountains of evidence." Which is vague. So please don't put words in my mouth.

Fair comment, thus the link I provided to slap you the face with said mountains of evidence. Also demonstrating your inability to do a simple google search before claiming you don't "agree" with evolution.

Quote:I never insulted you or anyone else.

You did.

Quote:Evolution is not fact, period.

It is actually.
It's as much a fact as gravity.

Quote:Is it true?

yes.

Quote:It could very well be true!

It is true.

Quote:Would that change my faith in God? No, because I can see that God is the best explanation for life arising out of non-living matter.

Content Removed

Quote:Honestly, I don't care all that much what you "believe" or "know". I am interested in the opinions of those who are willing to have an actual conversation instead of childishly throwing about inane and disrespectful put-downs.

Content Removed

Quote:I never said I was at the center of the universe and I certainly don't think that at all. You are the one who is angry over this and trying to make me look a way that I am not. My agreeance upon certain issues has no bearing on your life, and I don't see why you would think that I am trying to somehow insert myself as the cernter of the universe with an infallible opinion. I know I don't know everything, and maybe you should see yourself in the same light. We are only human. Fallible, and human.

You don't know everything? You seem so sure about God though, despite the lack of evidence.

Quote:And you don't know what I am "like". You have only spoken to me a couple of times, through text, on the internet. That's hardly enough interaction to know what a person is "like".

You're a cookie cutter copy of every Christian that comes here, I know exactly what you're like.
You proved it further with this post.

Quote:And atheism has ruined and ended countless lives as well

Name some.

I'll be happy to list all that religion has ruined. Shall we compare lists?

Quote:I wonder why someone from a group of people that claims to be so tolerant is acting as a child who's mommy just took away his bottle.

Ignorant Christian.
Atheism = lack of belief in god.

Atheism is not some organization that follows a set of rules.
I'm not tolerant of religion, I think it's fucked up and needs to be stamped out.
Others are more tolerant. Yet we are all atheists.

Content Removed

Quote:And I also don't see how your opinion is of any merit simply because you know how evolution works. That does not follow.

I meant, if you want to learn about evolution it might help to listen to those who know how it works.

Quote:And I am trying to learn, absolutely. But like I said, not from you. Maybe you should google how to have a grown-up conversation.

So you're selective from whom you learn from?
Censorship.. typical Christian.

Quote:I do believe in God, but if your only refutation of that is that I can't "see" Him, then you've got a long way to go before ever even hoping to raise my eyebrows.

Oh you're right. How about, I don't agree with the existence of god.
Does that do it for you?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
27-03-2014, 07:04 PM
(27-03-2014 06:06 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 05:53 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Which other scientific theories do you question?

Gravity?

Plate Tectonics?

Heliocentrism

I'm not a physicist, but I'm pretty sure Heliocentrism is false. You know, the whole "sun is the center of the universe" thing -- a bit outdated.

That's not what it is.

"Heliocentrism, or heliocentricism, is the astronomical model in which the Earth and planets revolve around a relatively stationary Sun at the center of the Solar System."

Not the universe.

[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
27-03-2014, 07:06 PM
(27-03-2014 07:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 06:06 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  I'm not a physicist, but I'm pretty sure Heliocentrism is false. You know, the whole "sun is the center of the universe" thing -- a bit outdated.

That's not what it is.

"Heliocentrism, or heliocentricism, is the astronomical model in which the Earth and planets revolve around a relatively stationary Sun at the center of the Solar System."

Not the universe.

We established this earlier.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
27-03-2014, 07:09 PM
(27-03-2014 06:48 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  Well, while I don't like to be labeled ignorant, I suppose the label here would fit, because I simply do not know of all of the evidence for evolution.

Fortunately, you don't have to. Smile

A small fraction of the available evidence is sufficiently convincing. Yes

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-03-2014, 07:13 PM
(27-03-2014 07:06 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 07:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  That's not what it is.

Not the universe.

We established this earlier.

And what is your point? Do you read an entire thread before posting?

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-03-2014, 07:17 PM
(27-03-2014 07:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 07:06 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  We established this earlier.

And what is your point? Do you read an entire thread before posting?

Um.......

yes. Blush

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
[+] 2 users Like TSG's post