^_^ Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2014, 08:00 PM
RE: ^_^ Hello
(27-03-2014 07:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  They introduced themselves in the OP.
Several people welcomed them.

You don't need a 20 page long thread to welcome someone, it's a fucking internet forum...

So don't give me this "finish introducing themselves" bullshit.

Go read the top of the section. Attacking people in this section is prohibited, period.

There's an entire rest of the forum for that.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
27-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Welcome ^_^

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU ALREADY HAVE 75 POSTS?!!?!?!?!? Shocking

You haven't even been here for two hours...

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
27-03-2014, 11:06 PM
Welcome welcome, I hereby present you with your free banana. SmileWink

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Blackhand293's post
28-03-2014, 09:59 AM
Hi and welcome.

Ignore Muffs.

Anyway, I do hope you last longer than our other theists, and I hope you don't resort to flaming and trolling after a day or two. Your first week or so can be very taxing, so just hang in there.

Also, I'm glad that you're open to new ideas... you will find that many things (such as evolution) don't contradict God or the belief in God.

Wishing you the best of luck.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
28-03-2014, 05:09 PM
(27-03-2014 07:37 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  welcome and enjoy the show. I mean, forums. Big Grin

Lol thanks! Smile
28-03-2014, 05:11 PM
(27-03-2014 07:57 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 06:48 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  ...because I simply do not know of all of the evidence for evolution.

...which is why you can feel so safe in your claims of doubting it.

'Bout time you got up and edumacated yourself rather than sitting back in a fog of (self-admitted) ignorance and scoffing at a principle that has been proven more solidly than the gravity that holds you down on your seat.

The people here can help you bring yourself out of the darkness. IF and only if you will listen...Drinking Beverage

Welcome to the Snake Pit.

Hey thanks for the welcome lol. And I'm not scoffing at it I assure you. I've mentioned many times that I did come to this site simply to learn. That's all. And that's what I hope to accomplish!
28-03-2014, 05:12 PM
(27-03-2014 10:11 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Welcome ^_^

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU ALREADY HAVE 75 POSTS?!!?!?!?!? Shocking

You haven't even been here for two hours...

Thanks Smile And I like to converse lol
28-03-2014, 05:13 PM
(27-03-2014 11:06 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  Welcome welcome, I hereby present you with your free banana. SmileWink

Thanks! Smile
28-03-2014, 05:14 PM
(28-03-2014 09:59 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hi and welcome.

Ignore Muffs.

Anyway, I do hope you last longer than our other theists, and I hope you don't resort to flaming and trolling after a day or two. Your first week or so can be very taxing, so just hang in there.

Also, I'm glad that you're open to new ideas... you will find that many things (such as evolution) don't contradict God or the belief in God.

Wishing you the best of luck.

Thanks! And nope, not here to flame or troll lol, just here to learn. Smile

Someone had mentioned you and I meant to look you up but didn't get to it yesterday, so thanks for stopping in here and welcoming me!
28-03-2014, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 06:17 PM by Charis.)
Hi and welcome to TTA, TTC!

tl;dr: Welcome! searching and reading is your friend! The people here aren't bad, they just get irritated because PRATT.

Ok, aaaand now the wall of text. Tongue

I was a Theist when I first came here. I'm not one now, but I was for awhile. How I survived was just being human pretty much.
I did a whole lot of reading through their past threads and watching/reading stuff they linked to. I figured most questions I'd have would likely already be addressed somewhere, and they typically were. I also started an Ask Me thread, in case they were wondering stuff about me... here I wasn't wanting to start a debate, mostly because I knew enough to know that I simply didn't know enough to know. Tongue

After reading their posts and what it was they ACTUALLY thought and WHY, I could see that I needed to do more reading before thinking of challenging them on stuff.... plus, there were plenty of theists coming in here doing that anyway, so I could just see what was said in those debates. *shrugs*

You'll learn more about them by reading how they've already responded, and then just mingling in the meantime. You'll have some angry posts and stuff to sift through, because the same questions get raised over and over and over and over and over and over and....

If you're not familiar with PRATT, it helps a little in understanding at least SOME of the frustration you may encounter (or may not encounter, who knows). They knew I was Theist, and I have to say they ALL treated me very sweetly. They're not bad guys. They just get really frustrated is all.

I may not be a Christian, but please know that I and some others are still very sympathetic to your mindset simply because we've BEEN THERE. We know what it's like, we know the faith, the prooftexts, Answers in Genesis, Ray Comfort, Greg Koukl, Kirk Cameron, Jason Lisle... some of us have been right there and fairly recently (like myself).

So welcome to the forums! Again, I highly recommend taking some time to read through as many past threads as catch your eye. It will save you a lot of time, because you won't be typing out the same questions that have already been typed out in a thousand different ways before and then waiting for responses, blah blah barf. Tongue

There's also Kings Chosen here. He is a Christian Calvinist, and he's also one of our Admins! Big Grin But don't think he's a softy! He'll be likely sympathetic to your views, but if your arguing lacks proper factual substantiation, you'll get it just as rough from him as from anyone! And believe me, some of us do like it rough! Angel

Edited to add: BY THE WAY, there's a 100 posts per 24hrs limit on the forums, so if you hit that threshold, you'll have to wait a bit before you can start posting again. I was alarmed the day I hit this, but don't be. You're not banned, you're just very talkative. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post