Hello!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Hello!
Hello! My name is Tyler, and I'm a 13-year 8th grader. I live in West Virginia, and being an athiest in the south isn't all that fun. When I first came out as an athiest publicly I got the "Oh Jesus save this soul!" response from alot of people and then there were the " You shall burn for eternity in the lakes of damnation!" from the really religious ones, But I actually found out I wasn't the only athiest in school which was a relief!
Since it's summer break right now I'm finally away from the homophobic bigots that make up most of my grade. My family seems to be pretty alright with my athiesm and I think my dad might become at the least an agnostic somewhat soon.

"I hate the word homophobia. You aren't scared. Your just an asshole."
-unknown
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TylerTheKid's post
27-07-2014, 04:00 PM
RE: Hello!
(27-07-2014 03:16 PM)TylerTheKid Wrote:  Hello! My name is Tyler, and I'm a 13-year 8th grader. I live in West Virginia, and being an athiest in the south isn't all that fun. When I first came out as an athiest publicly I got the "Oh Jesus save this soul!" response from alot of people and then there were the " You shall burn for eternity in the lakes of damnation!" from the really religious ones, But I actually found out I wasn't the only athiest in school which was a relief!
Since it's summer break right now I'm finally away from the homophobic bigots that make up most of my grade. My family seems to be pretty alright with my athiesm and I think my dad might become at the least an agnostic somewhat soon.

Hello, stranger that I am have never met before, or even talked to! Welcome to this wonderful forum.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply