Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2014, 01:10 PM
Hello
Hi all,
Just now discovering this forum and looking to be a part of the community.....also a place to seek advice on occasion. I'm a mid-30's father of 3 (preschool/toddlers)who recently came out as Atheist to my immediate family (Midwest Catholics). Has gone surprisingly well so far. Been atheist for close to a decade, now motivated to live openly as my kids are starting to ask the god questions. Plugging in to the activist side of the movement more as well so my patience with the religious has been dwindling as of late. Diving into secular parenting stuff and I'm sure I'll be exploring the forums in depth for assistance. I'm a military guy (close to retiring from reserves), now civilian engineer who digs good beer, mountain biking, and religious conversation.
Cheers!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2014, 01:21 PM
RE: Hello
Welcome aboard. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
21-08-2014, 01:26 PM
Welcome fellow military atheist! Big Grin

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
21-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Hi Phil - good to have you here.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
21-08-2014, 01:40 PM
(21-08-2014 01:10 PM)Phil Wrote:  I'm a mid-30's father of 3 (preschool/toddlers)who recently came out as Atheist to my immediate family (Midwest Catholics).

Ohmy
I read this to mean your brilliant children were openly atheist...

Tongue

Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
21-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Welcome! Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-08-2014, 06:04 PM
(21-08-2014 01:40 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(21-08-2014 01:10 PM)Phil Wrote:  I'm a mid-30's father of 3 (preschool/toddlers)who recently came out as Atheist to my immediate family (Midwest Catholics).

Ohmy

Tongue

Welcome!

Lol. Well I definitely agree with brilliant (obviously) and I suppose atheist would fit for a 2yr old......what else could they be?
21-08-2014, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2014 06:19 PM by TheGulegon.)
(21-08-2014 06:04 PM)Phil Wrote:  
(21-08-2014 01:40 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Ohmy

Tongue

Welcome!

Lol. Well I definitely agree with brilliant (obviously) and I suppose atheist would fit for a 2yr old......what else could they be?

What else could they be?
In good hands, sounds like! Smile
Welcome Shy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post