Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2014, 07:58 AM
Hello
Hi my name is Brian, my online name is darkmatter (I play a lot of call of duty game and goes by that name).

Anyways, I'd like to talk a bit about myself. I was born in the Philippines lived there for 24 years, moved to USA after that joined the Navy and currently deployed in Japan for 7 years. Married for 5 years, 1 daughter.

As you may know, Philippines is 80% Christian 20% Muslim... somewhere that number. I'm born with the majority. I was born into this christian sect called "Iglesia Ni Cristo" or "Church of Christ" which was founded by Felix Ysagun Manalo in 1914.

I am still currently within the religion simply because my morals and family ties won't allow me. My father, mother, sisters, aunts, uncle and grandparents are so tied to this religion. As for me, I think rationally. I don't believe in God creator of heaven and earth and all that walks.

Heck, I don't even believe the bible contents. For all I know, that book was written by primitive men during primitive time with primitive knowledge and with primitive thinking. The book wasn't revised for thousands of years and yet people take it almost literally. During that time, hallucinogenic plants and mushrooms were common as to candy today. Those hallucinations are taken by those primitive men as "God speaking to them". Look at that scenario at a present day, tell people that "God spoke to me", and they will respond "What drugs have you been taking lately?", or worst, you will be in a mental hospital. People during biblical days don't have the knowledge and technology to understand this phenomenon and simply use "God" to fill in the gaps.

Going back to the Church of Christ.

I simply hate my religion, it is hypocrisy at its finest, here is a brief history religion and government relationship in Philippines, when Philippines was under the Spanish rule, the Church were more powerful than the government. When Philippines was finally got its freedom, they separated the church and the state. But this, this so called Church of Christ creeps its shadow slowly back into the state.
Members are stripped of its freedom to vote. The church decides who the member votes. Simple as that. Corruption in its sublime form. The way I see it, the church decides to vote on who get the highest bid. With over 50 million members (my best guesstimate) its almost a sure win.

I am glad I found a community that I can share my ideals and way of thinking without being shunned by people who are even close to me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes darkmatter's post
18-12-2014, 10:06 AM
RE: Hello
welcome to TTA.

pull up a chair, jump right in.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
18-12-2014, 10:08 AM
Welcome aboard! Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
18-12-2014, 10:16 AM
Welcome aboard!
16-01-2015, 01:53 AM
Thanks I feel at home already. It almost feels like a divine being is giving me a hug keeping me warm in these cold days. OH WAIT its the jacket and warm food I bought using my hard earned money and the heat which I pay every month. Yep, all credits goes to me.
16-01-2015, 02:33 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2015 03:06 AM by gofish!.)
Hi there. You've made a good choice here: as a relatively new member, I have been astonished to find so many people whose ethics come from within and not because someone told them to be nice (earmuffs excepted Smile).

Seriously, I see you've already jumped in onto the Personal Issues section. You won't e disappointed, if my own experience is anything to go by.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
16-01-2015, 02:58 AM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-01-2015, 03:02 AM
Hi there! Welcome! I'm in the closet, too. Although, I did finally tell a few people at work, and my cousin. Baby steps. This place has helped. A lot.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
16-01-2015, 03:08 AM
The forum actually helps me a lot. I can finally be able to voice out my view without being ridiculled.
[+] 2 users Like darkmatter's post
16-01-2015, 03:24 AM
Welcome to TTA! Hope you enjoy your stay.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]