Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2015, 11:51 AM
RE: Hello
Hello to all.. I was once a muslim but been an atheist fr last two years as I cannot find the answers to my question and I wanted to live a peaceful life in some freethinking country maybe we atheist shld try to get a country of our own….
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2015, 12:15 PM
(24-01-2015 11:51 AM)Shaan Wrote:  Hello to all.. I was once a muslim but been an atheist fr last two years as I cannot find the answers to my question and I wanted to live a peaceful life in some freethinking country maybe we atheist shld try to get a country of our own….

Hey, welcome.

And as for a country of our own? Meh, why not think big? Smile

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
24-01-2015, 01:48 PM
(23-01-2015 10:03 AM)tln88 Wrote:  I am a middle-aged mother of two. I was raised and indoctrinated into the evangelical sub-culture, and have been struggling against this most of my adult life. I did not raise my own children in the church, thus they had an opportunity to use their own minds and reasoning and education to figure things out - they are both atheist and are helping me along in my journey to de-conversion. It can be difficult since my family is still fiercely evangelical. I thought I might find it helpful to seek some like-minded reasoning people out there to engage with.

Excellent! Glad you are here, and welcome.

The first step towards healing from brain washing is the realization it is based on fantasy. That makes the self guilt from walking away from "jesus" less traumatic.

Remember these simple irrefutable facts...

Christianity is based on the belief that jesus was the son of god and died for our sins in the incarnation and atonement theory.

How do we know of jesus? The bible purports to have eyewitnesses to this magical person who did magical things.

But wait.....there is zero physical evidence for jesus, no writings, no works of carpentry, no dwelling, and oddly, no one who was living at the time had heard of him or his alleged miracles as there exists not one scrap of paper to support these stories written AT THE TIME.

All the gospels were written not by the pseudepigrapha names(mark, matthew, luke..) that the anonymous authors wrote under but by groups of people many years after jesus allegedly died on the cross based on stories passed down(oral tradition).

All christian, and contemporary writings about jesus were written by people who were either born after he died, or by those who had never met him. Fact.

So it is all smoke and mirrors, truly...this realization will clear your mind. But welcome, and enjoy your stay. have a question, a doubt, a perspective or experience you would like to discuss, start a thread! Smile

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
24-01-2015, 02:01 PM
(24-01-2015 12:15 PM)gofish! Wrote:  
(24-01-2015 11:51 AM)Shaan Wrote:  Hello to all.. I was once a muslim but been an atheist fr last two years as I cannot find the answers to my question and I wanted to live a peaceful life in some freethinking country maybe we atheist shld try to get a country of our own….

Hey, welcome.

And as for a country of our own? Meh, why not think big? Smile

Let's do this planet, fellow babies! Thumbsup

Welcome Shaan & Tln88 - glad you both found this place! Lots of nteresting discussions going on with lots to learn and think about... feel free to jump right in.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
30-01-2015, 05:25 AM
Hello
Now the thing is I really dont enjoy pretending that I m still a religious guy jst to make my friends , relatives n family happy.… bt still I have to go fr pray (namaz) to bend infront of nothing… :-(……… . I m an indian muslim…. Its killing me frm inside…… I cant pretend nor I can reveal my truth both way I m dead