Hello!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2015, 01:20 PM
Hello!
There was a time I didn't know people like me are common. Raised in a fundamentalist Christian church, home-schooled, once a member of the church's youth choir, but also an avid reader of history, apologetics and and theology who was very critical of the holes in the different formulations. That started changing when I found a forum for Christians with a sub-forum fir non-believers to raise questions. It turned out that some people thought like me, but those people weren't Christians. I eventually discovered some people were even... former Christians, which I was well on my way to becoming.

All that to say that I love forums. I am long past the stage of realizing that there are others like me, although I sometimes wish I knew of more atheists in my daily life instead of just on forums. I joined this one to talk about science and anything else that may come to my mind.

Oh, and hello, everyone!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Richard_C's post
15-03-2015, 01:30 PM
RE: Hello!
Hello,
Welcome to the forum. Check Meetup's website for atheist groups in your area. You might be surprised how many there are.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
15-03-2015, 01:35 PM
'Lo Smile Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Welcome!
15-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Hello! Big Grin
15-03-2015, 01:38 PM
Welcome, science is high on our interest list Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-03-2015, 02:04 PM
It makes me feel good whenever I hear of a fundie of any stripe digging their way out of that nastiness! Like an action movie where the guy/gal has to escape the P.O.W. camp, or somethin! Everybody cheers when the hero makes it! \o/

Oh, & welcome aboard! Blush Glad you could make it! Shy