Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2015, 06:16 AM
Hello
It looks like there are others from atheistsforum.org on this site. Hello, I am another poor refugee looking for sanctuary.Weeping Because I didn't become an atheist until later in my life, I still have a lot of friends and family who are very devout so sites like this keep me sane. On the good side, three of my four children are hard atheists and the other son seems to have doubts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nope's post
09-04-2015, 07:29 AM
RE: Hello
Welcome to the new hangout, Nope!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like AFTT47's post
09-04-2015, 07:36 AM
Welcome!

Yeh, this site helps keep me grounded. I substitute it for time on Facebook, which brings out the rage. Most of my friends and family are straight up fundie.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
09-04-2015, 07:41 AM
Heya Nope and AFTT Smile

Sorry you guys have to put up with devout types. That must be a real grind to the sanity.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
09-04-2015, 07:47 AM
(09-04-2015 07:36 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Welcome!

Yeh, this site helps keep me grounded. I substitute it for time on Facebook, which brings out the rage. Most of my friends and family are straight up fundie.

The older people on my facebook list post the craziest things. For instance someone posted a meme of the bible with a gun on the book's open pages. The caption said something about both needing to be taught in schools. Even within the context of their own religious beliefs that makes no sense.
09-04-2015, 08:12 AM
I wouldn't be so sure about that!

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
09-04-2015, 09:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQyH5Vj1iVY

I haven't figured out how to post youtube yet but this SNL video sounds like how some of my older relatives view their savior.
[+] 1 user Likes Nope's post
09-04-2015, 09:06 AM
How the hell was that username not taken?
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-04-2015, 09:35 AM
Hi there!

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
09-04-2015, 09:41 AM
Hiyas Nope!