Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2015, 11:50 AM
Hello
Hi

Just introducing myself. I saw a reference to this site by GoodWithoutGod on the Yahoo news website.

I spend a lot of my time on there arguing with people (usually religious people) who think that homosexuals are an abomination. I'm straight but have a lot of friends who are gay and it really upsets me that people who are supposed to be abiding by Jesus' rule of loving thy neighbour think that that only applies if they're not homosexual.

I've been an atheist since I was old enough to think for myself and started questioning what I was being taught in school, so in my mid teens. I'm now in my 50s.

I'm from the UK, where being an atheist isn't seen as odd and nobody questions it. I would hate to live somewhere where I would be in the minority and potentially be persecuted for not believing in whatever god that culture supported.

Misty
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like misty4630's post
05-05-2015, 03:33 PM
RE: Hello
Yay a fellow Brit! Big Grin

Welcome aboard to TTA.

I'm currently reading my way through 'GoodWithoutGods' fascinating resource thread here:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...rce-thread

He is clearly a man of many talents Wink

Also as a 'friend of dorothy' myself, thank you for being a voice of reason against intolerance! Thumbsup

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
05-05-2015, 03:37 PM
Welcome!
05-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Hello Misty,

welcome aboard and greetings from the Emerald Isle.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
05-05-2015, 04:25 PM
Welcome to the forum!
07-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Welcome, Misty!\

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
16-05-2015, 09:22 AM
Welcome aboard! You'll fit right in!