Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2016, 07:42 PM
RE: Hello
Welcome! Glad you found us.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2016, 07:46 PM
Heatheness, Heatheness, Heatheness, bacon? Should I make it my icon? I was thinking more of a fish. But I got bacon, all right, along with other delectable meats and cheeses. Help yourself and dig in. On to bigger and possibly better things, hey? Coming with? Cool

To friendship,
CN
[+] 1 user Likes CosaNostra's post
02-01-2016, 08:08 PM
(02-01-2016 07:46 PM)CosaNostra Wrote:  Heatheness, Heatheness, Heatheness, bacon? Should I make it my icon? I was thinking more of a fish. But I got bacon, all right, along with other delectable meats and cheeses. Help yourself and dig in. On to bigger and possibly better things, hey? Coming with? Cool

To friendship,
CN

Welcome to the party....

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
02-01-2016, 08:15 PM
Hello.

#sigh
02-01-2016, 10:30 PM
Hello
Welcome. Most of my family (my dad's side) are from New York. And my mom's brother-in-law was my godfather and knew a lot about your nickname. Smile
02-01-2016, 11:00 PM
Hello! Big Grin
02-01-2016, 11:26 PM
Fellow Floridian and LaCosaNostra here. Benvenuti!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2016, 12:24 AM
Welcome, Cosa!

Glad to have you here. I just rode the west coast of Florida and the panhandle, in horrible rainy weather for most of it, on my way back to Louisiana from Tampa (and from Louisiana to my home in southeast Missouri, soon to be Kansas City area).

I was raised in a fundamentalist family on an island off the coast of Georgia, called Saint Simon's, though my father is from Miami and met my Cajun mother when they both went to Louisiana Tech. I've lived throughout the south before moving to the midwest almost 15 years ago. I am approaching 40. (Woe is me.)

So on behalf of southern culture, let me say y'all need to welcome Cosa. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
03-01-2016, 08:24 AM
Welcome.

I thought the first rule of Cosa Nostra is to deny the existence of Cosa Nostra. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
03-01-2016, 09:03 AM
Welcome fellow Floridian!

I drive through the Panhandle several times a year...try to stop only to pee, no telling what the vast majority of the Religious Patriots might be up to.

How can we coin this term? Relitriot? Religiots? I like that last one, sounds a bit like idiots.

Religiot
noun

1. : one who interweaves their love for his or her country with religious woo (creating an oxymoronic bastard child)

"It is my personal, humble opinion that anyone seeking to mix church and state has failed to understand the nature and role of either. Being founded upon the principle that all men are created equal and deserving of equal protection under the law is what makes the American system of democracy such a gift to mankind. Attempting to mix the inherently exclusionary imperatives of a particular religion into the resolutely inclusive system of the American constitutional form of government is to work against everything that America stands for. Religion is a personal, subjective affair for the individual; politics and public policy is an impersonal, objective affair for everyone”. ~ John Shore

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post