Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2016, 02:10 AM
Hello
Hello everyone! Tampitump Here,

I'm new to this thread. I was actually on the forum before but my account was deleted by a mod (on my request). I created an account with the same name again. So if you remember from before, its the same guy, same name, different account.

I know you all probably don't like me by this point, but I wanted to at least try to properly introduce myself:

I'm 25 years old and I currently attend a small community college. I'm single. I'm not currently employed, but in the past I have held a range of different small jobs. I don't have much in the way of hobbies or activities. That's pretty much all I can think of.

I hope I can make some acquaintances here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2016, 05:38 AM
RE: Hello
Hi there.

I think it was good to make a proper introduction.

I'm pretty forgiving so I'm willing to start over, too.
22-04-2016, 07:34 AM
Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2016, 08:40 AM
Hello! Big Grin
22-04-2016, 09:16 AM
Welcome back.

What made you leave?

My opinion of you can not be created from a simple intro so my feelings towards you is yet to be seen.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
22-04-2016, 03:13 PM
(22-04-2016 09:16 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Welcome back.

What made you leave?

My opinion of you can not be created from a simple intro so my feelings towards you is yet to be seen.

Well, I don't really know what else to say. I'm sorry. I'm trying to think of some other things to say about myself but that's pretty much it. I'm not a movie person, or a music person. I don't play video games, instruments, or sports. I don't really think about food enough to have a favorite food item. I guess maybe vegetables of any kind would be my favorite. I don't work and I'm not married or dating anyone. I DO go to school which is why I included that. My major is undecided so there's really nothing in the way of my future that I could really talk about. My main reason for being on this forum is just to learn more from other atheists and read posts from people who have the same position on the God thing as me. I included everything I could think of about me other than the fact that I'm a white male. I'm neither gay nor straight. I suppose I'm asexual.

You're welcome to ask me some questions about different things and perhaps I can offer some answers as to which things I might prefer.
22-04-2016, 03:20 PM
This boys and girls is exactly why we don't delete/unregister accounts.

EVER.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-04-2016, 03:22 PM
(22-04-2016 07:34 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Or rip off the tags on the NFL, bbq a mattress and record kittens without their permission.....

Whatever turns your crank..........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
22-04-2016, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2016 03:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
Howdy howdy ho not a troll (no troll would appeal directly to DeepThought asking for a mulligan).

Pull up a barstool and sit a spell. As to your previous incarnation, there are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.

#sigh
22-04-2016, 03:42 PM
G'day again Tamiptump, and welcome from me. Smile

I guess in some ways I'm a bit like you; unlike a lot of other Aussie males, I'm not a couch potato, I'm not into sports of any kind—either as a player or spectator, I don't drink, gamble or smoke, I detest the anaesthesia of video games, I'm not a gym junkie or a lycra lout, but I do have an occasional interest in the... uh... bedroom sports LOL.

I think it's important, primarily, in this life, to be perfectly comfortable with who you are at any given time. Nobody should be expected to live up to or pander to the whims of the wider society, or friends or family. It's your lifestyle and 100% your choice what you choose to do and choose not to do. If other people have an issue with that, then it's absolutely their problem, not yours.

I can tell from even this one posting of yours that you're a thinking person who's obviously aware of, and basically confident with your current life scenario. Why change it right now? With time, change occurs naturally and in an orderly progression as you grow and mature—there's no set of rules that applies specifically to an 18-year-old, or when you're 30 or 65.

I also think it's great that you've joined the TTF in order to learn more about atheism, and would I be correct in assuming that you've come from a previously religious background?

You might also like to check out God is Imaginary for a very informative, but also concise site listing 50 simple proofs that the Christian god does not exist.

Cheers.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.