Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2016, 03:57 PM
RE: Hello
(22-04-2016 03:22 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(22-04-2016 07:34 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Or rip off the tags on the NFL, bbq a mattress and record kittens without their permission.....

Whatever turns your crank..........

He he Big Grin your version certainly is more human to kittens, and yea the NFL does need to have that stupid bullshit disclaimer "descriptions or accounts of the game without the express written permission is strictly prohibited"....... That tag does need to be ripped off as if they'd sue me for this post. But barbecue mattress?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2016, 04:55 PM
(22-04-2016 03:57 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(22-04-2016 03:22 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Or rip off the tags on the NFL, bbq a mattress and record kittens without their permission.....

Whatever turns your crank..........

He he Big Grin your version certainly is more human to kittens, and yea the NFL does need to have that stupid bullshit disclaimer "descriptions or accounts of the game without the express written permission is strictly prohibited"....... That tag does need to be ripped off as if they'd sue me for this post. But barbecue mattress?

On Squornshellous Zeta the mattresses that aren't caught, dried out and slept on - may indeed be barbecued...............

Voon...........

[/extreme obscure H2G2 reference]

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
22-04-2016, 05:03 PM
Hello, Tump. Shy
Welcome.

22-04-2016, 05:14 PM
I was wondering where I might find some information about higher education on this forum? Are there any people currently in academia who frequent this forum? I am trying to figure out my next steps towards education. Becoming an atheist is really what drove me to start valuing knowledge and education, whereas before I couldn't care less. This was the type of person I was just a few short years ago. As a result of my poor academic past, I am pretty much disqualified out of hand from attending pretty-well any legitimate school. I am currently attending a two-bit community college but I really wish I could achieve more than just some associates degree or technical certificate. Not that there is anything wrong with those things, but I would really like to go on and graduate from a top school. I'm trying to see if there is any way at all that I can get on a track to making that happen.
22-04-2016, 05:50 PM
(22-04-2016 05:14 PM)Tamiptump Wrote:  I was wondering where I might find some information about higher education on this forum? Are there any people currently in academia who frequent this forum? I am trying to figure out my next steps towards education. Becoming an atheist is really what drove me to start valuing knowledge and education, whereas before I couldn't care less. This was the type of person I was just a few short years ago. As a result of my poor academic past, I am pretty much disqualified out of hand from attending pretty-well any legitimate school. I am currently attending a two-bit community college but I really wish I could achieve more than just some associates degree or technical certificate. Not that there is anything wrong with those things, but I would really like to go on and graduate from a top school. I'm trying to see if there is any way at all that I can get on a track to making that happen.

I think that you should get excellent grades at the school that you are attending now, take your core classes, and then use those grades to transfer to a better school and to get a scholarship.

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
22-04-2016, 08:36 PM
(22-04-2016 05:14 PM)Tamiptump Wrote:  I was wondering where I might find some information about higher education on this forum? Are there any people currently in academia who frequent this forum? I am trying to figure out my next steps towards education.

Coursera. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-04-2016, 09:57 PM
I do sense that I have gotten off on the wrong foot with many people here. I do apologize. I'm not a troll. I am here to be a part of the community. I hope I can make up for that.

I have a number of schools I plan to one day apply to. I have a very terrible deficiency in math. I just never applied myself in grade school or high school, so now I'm having to start from scratch learning what I neglected back then.

I want to pursue something in the sciences for sure, but I'm not sure that I would have the smarts to do either physics or biology. I'm also not very interested in biology as a profession. However, I'm certain of that since my knowledge of either is still very much in the beginning stages. I might actually like one or both of them more than I think.

I think a field that might work for me would be computer science. I realize it requires a very solid foundation in math, but I look at this as a challenge rather than a reason not to pursue it. Another reason is that it would appear to open up many doors for research on the PhD level which I one day intend to pursue. I think it would probably provide a very good educational experience as it would be a rather versatile degree and profession. At least this is the impression I get from it. I find myself interested increasingly interested in neuroscience the more I listen to guys like Sam Harris and others.

I was wondering if anyone here could offer any advice or tips related to the sciences? Perhaps give me rundown of some of the main fields and what makes them enjoyable and exciting? If this is too much to ask, no big deal.

I appreciate the helpful responses so far.
22-04-2016, 10:18 PM
(22-04-2016 09:57 PM)Tamiptump Wrote:  I do sense that I have gotten off on the wrong foot with many people here. I do apologize. I'm not a troll. I am here to be a part of the community. I hope I can make up for that.

I have a number of schools I plan to one day apply to. I have a very terrible deficiency in math. I just never applied myself in grade school or high school, so now I'm having to start from scratch learning what I neglected back then.

I want to pursue something in the sciences for sure, but I'm not sure that I would have the smarts to do either physics or biology. I'm also not very interested in biology as a profession. However, I'm certain of that since my knowledge of either is still very much in the beginning stages. I might actually like one or both of them more than I think.

I think a field that might work for me would be computer science. I realize it requires a very solid foundation in math, but I look at this as a challenge rather than a reason not to pursue it. Another reason is that it would appear to open up many doors for research on the PhD level which I one day intend to pursue. I think it would probably provide a very good educational experience as it would be a rather versatile degree and profession. At least this is the impression I get from it. I find myself interested increasingly interested in neuroscience the more I listen to guys like Sam Harris and others.

I was wondering if anyone here could offer any advice or tips related to the sciences? Perhaps give me rundown of some of the main fields and what makes them enjoyable and exciting? If this is too much to ask, no big deal.

I appreciate the helpful responses so far.

It might have something to do with the fact you demanded that your account be deleted and then after its done, you come back and make an account.

You say your in college but you're asking us questions that your college advisor would be best to answer.

You want to go into science but you said in the other thread you started yesterday,you're horrible at math.

I feel like I'm being played and I'm not liking that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-04-2016, 10:57 PM
Alright. I see I'm not wanted. I thougt I might get to start fresh, but I see that's not going to happen.

Thanks.
22-04-2016, 11:10 PM
I really don't know how to offer a sincere apology when people insist you stay on the hook. You can either have me here or not. If you don't want me then no explanations are required. Say it point blank and I will not even post another response agreeing to your request, and I promise it will be the last time you ever read a post from me. If you DO want me to stay and be a part of the community, then accept me into the community. I will not agree to be accepted half-heartedly with suspiscions running amuck about me. Either take the whole thing or tell me to go away, one of the two. I have now offered as sincere an apology as I know how and attempted to move on to other discussions. I even tried to start fresh by creating a proper intrduction thread. That's the best I can do.

And do not conflate my words here. I very well understand those who are suspicious of me and I have heard you. I won't blame you for wishing me out of the community. But either take me or leave me. If reluctant acceptance is what you wish then I don't wish to stay.