Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2016, 02:22 AM
Hello
Hello forum,

I am an atheist. If Richard Dawkins scale is valid, I'd score between 6-7. I am from Sydney, Australia. I am an aspiring architect whilst finishing a professional accreditation degree at a university. At heart, I am an artist and a budding novelist. Creative works may be found on my personal website - and I'll provide the URL upon request. However, I'd like to consider myself an intellectual synthesist - I love reading and discussing in areas including physics, philosophy, technology, artificial intelligence, history, humanities, archaeology, architectural design and arts. Politically, I'm a Greenie but at heart I am a libertarian/anarchist - though I fluctuate between democracy and libertarianism/anarchism.

In a closer view of my life, ups and downs, I have a severe hearing loss since birth. I suffered from the onset of psychosis at 16 and was diagnosed a year later. I am on medication but still suffer from side effects including drowsiness and sleepiness. Coincidentally with the onset of psychosis, I had developed a reductionist worldview, much influenced by reading a lot of physics and philosophy - this might have affected my creativity but I'm keeping up well with creative endeavours. Somewhat I've become nihilistic and suffered from existentialistic crisis. Atheistically speaking, I was always an atheist regardless of attending religious festivals - I couldn't be bothered about god and was never active in prayers or religiosity. I started identifying with atheism strongly since I looked up the word at 16. Since the onset of puberty, I've developed same-sex urges and wet dreams, thereby clearly identifying as gay. I was closeted until in the mid 20s. Marriage equality isn't legalised in Australia, and I'm having a hard time trying to be happy.

I hope to enjoy the forum.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thinker's post
18-06-2016, 05:35 AM
RE: Hello
G'day Thinker, and welcome to the forums from another dinky-di.

And thanks for such an honest and detailed personal intro. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
18-06-2016, 05:48 AM
welcome aboard..

I once considered becoming an architect.... Got straight A's in it in high school.

Even went out and bought a set of Kohr-i-nor squib pens......

Sorta dates me, eh???

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
18-06-2016, 06:07 AM
(18-06-2016 05:48 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  welcome aboard..

I once considered becoming an architect.... Got straight A's in it in high school.

Even went out and bought a set of Kohr-i-nor squib pens......

Sorta dates me, eh???

Big Grin

Sorta. That's because I'm taught digital architecture - utilising advanced complex scripting algorithms that are more abstract and cognitively difficult than BIM and CAD modelling. I do draw but as an aspiring architect, I won't - I'll immerse in using software that I'm at uni.
18-06-2016, 09:38 AM
Welcome!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
18-06-2016, 09:53 AM
Glad you're with us. Hopefully, we can help you find a sense of community and perhaps... dare I say it?... some meaning in this life.

Except for the gay thing. Our Scriptures clearly state that sex is between one man and one bowl of pasta, and only for procreative purposes. Thus saith the Flying Spaghetti Monster, who was boiled for our sins. R'amen.

Wink

Welcome to TTA!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Hello! Big Grin
18-06-2016, 10:38 AM
(18-06-2016 05:35 AM)SYZ Wrote:  G'day Thinker, and welcome to the forums from another dinky-di.

And thanks for such an honest and detailed personal intro. Smile
Indeed! Welcome to the forum. Smile
18-06-2016, 10:53 AM
Welcome!
18-06-2016, 11:05 AM
(18-06-2016 02:22 AM)Thinker Wrote:  Marriage equality isn't legalised in Australia
I had no idea. Australia seems like such a cool, secular place. I guess that's not always reflected in legislation, though, unfortunately.

Welcome to the forum Smile

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post