Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Hello
Hi everyone.

Not much I can say about myself other than I believe that there must be something great in existence to explain the First Cause argument, so yeah I'ma believer.

Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2016, 07:52 PM
RE: Hello
(29-06-2016 07:37 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  Hi everyone.

Not much I can say about myself other than I believe that there must be something great in existence to explain the First Cause argument, so yeah I'ma believer.

Smile

Hi there, and welcome. Fellow theist, here. Smile What's the "first cause" argument?
29-06-2016, 08:02 PM
(29-06-2016 07:37 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  Hi everyone.

Smile

I believe that it would be even greater if there was no first cause. Existence exists, I see no reason to believe that it shouldn't have always been that way.

And hello.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
29-06-2016, 08:07 PM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
29-06-2016, 08:13 PM
Hello! Big Grin
29-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Welcome!
02-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Welcome, Going up.

[Image: room-for-one-more.jpg]

Looking forward to having a dissociation on the "Everything that exists has a cause" premise.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
02-07-2016, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 02:35 PM by Commonsensei.)
(29-06-2016 07:52 PM)Aliza Wrote:  What's the "first cause" argument?

Sorry Aliza I know this was directed at Going up so I don't want to steal his thunder. But the first cause argument is.

1. Everything that exists must have a cause.
2. If you follow the chain of events backwards through time, it cannot go back infinitely, so eventually you arrive at the first cause.
3. This cause must, itself, be uncaused.
4. But nothing can exist without a cause (except for God.)
5. Therefore, God exists.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post