Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2016, 05:58 AM
Hello
Hello..my name is Ari. Nice to be here! I have an unusual situation. Religion never played much of a role at all in my life. In fact, I live in an area of the US where it doesn't come into play at all for most of us .That is a good thing. However, I find that events happening in the US at large, with the high level of religious fervour in a lot of those places, has a negative impact on those of us here. For instance, the national media is always throwing out how pious thre rest of the country is. Particularly during National elections. At times I actually wish New England were a separate country. Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations. Ari
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ari's post
14-09-2016, 08:01 AM
RE: Hello
Hello! Big Grin

Hug
14-09-2016, 08:36 AM
Welcome!
14-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Welcome to TTA! Yeah, it's a nice place to exchange stories and experiences, as well as kick around ideas.

Definitely know what you mean about the direction the national dialogue is taking.

It could be worse, Ari... you could be like me, an atheist in the deep south! Undecided

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
14-09-2016, 09:25 AM
Hi Ari - glad to have you here.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

If it is ok with you Ari - unless you are wanting to discuss something in need of personal support - maybe a Mod can move this to the Introduction forums?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-09-2016, 09:30 AM
Howdy!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
14-09-2016, 09:33 AM
(14-09-2016 05:58 AM)Ari Wrote:  Hello..my name is Ari. Nice to be here! I have an unusual situation. Religion never played much of a role at all in my life. In fact, I live in an area of the US where it doesn't come into play at all for most of us .That is a good thing. However, I find that events happening in the US at large, with the high level of religious fervour in a lot of those places, has a negative impact on those of us here. For instance, the national media is always throwing out how pious thre rest of the country is. Particularly during National elections. At times I actually wish New England were a separate country. Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations. Ari

Welcome Ari. Are you Jewish by any chance?
14-09-2016, 02:53 PM
Hi Ari. Welcome to the forum. Get the Bostonians to hold another tea party and join Canada.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
14-09-2016, 02:56 PM
Welcome!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
14-09-2016, 03:02 PM
Welcome.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.