Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2016, 02:16 PM
Hello
Hello everyone, my name is Fernando and I just became a full fledged atheist. I was raised by a loving mother; she is a very conservative pentecostal, and was raised to believe in god. I can honestly say that in my youth (8-17), I was a true believer, and even during my twenties (22-28) I continued to believe. I had a patch during my thirties where I began to doubt, but due to my family, I just semi-believed. By the age of 38, I could no longer really believe, but I kept the sham going. Now at 44, I let people know' "I don't believe in god." It has been extremely liberating. My wife is still a believer, well, one of those believers that goes to church on Sunday. She doesn't read the bible, pray, or pay tithes on a regular basis.

Well, I hope to meet other great people and be able to interact with others on this board. Have a great day everyone. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2016, 02:32 PM
RE: Hello
Welcome!
07-12-2016, 02:58 PM
Welcome!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
07-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Welcome!
07-12-2016, 03:50 PM
Greetings!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
07-12-2016, 04:08 PM
Welcome, Fernando!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
07-12-2016, 08:51 PM
Greetings.
07-12-2016, 09:15 PM
Welcome aboard!
07-12-2016, 10:05 PM
Welcome to the forum

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
07-12-2016, 10:20 PM
Hello
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.