Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2016, 09:56 AM
RE: Hello
Welcome to TTA. Love your name and backstory! Smile

Kinda reminds me of the Louis CK bit about God being like a shitty girlfriend...

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
29-12-2016, 11:55 AM
Welcome to TTA and reality.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-12-2016, 02:05 PM
GirlDumpsGod; story at 11. Laugh out load

Welcome. Shy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
29-12-2016, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure I'm doing this right. I wanted to reply to individuals, but I think this is a group reply? Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm so excited to get to know people free from those outdated beliefs!
I never have heard of Emily Kane but I'll look her up, not sure if she's fictional or real.
My name is a play on a book title I read when I was a believer called "Girl Meets God". I was mad because that was the title I thought I'd use if I ever wrote my God love story. Which I actually considered doing because I really was THAT in love. It seemed an appropriate name for my new love story, a life from from an invisible master.
[+] 2 users Like GirlDumpsGod's post
29-12-2016, 03:09 PM
(29-12-2016 02:36 PM)GirlDumpsGod Wrote:  I'm not sure I'm doing this right. I wanted to reply to individuals, but I think this is a group reply? Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm so excited to get to know people free from those outdated beliefs!
I never have heard of Emily Kane but I'll look her up, not sure if she's fictional or real.
My name is a play on a book title I read when I was a believer called "Girl Meets God". I was mad because that was the title I thought I'd use if I ever wrote my God love story. Which I actually considered doing because I really was THAT in love. It seemed an appropriate name for my new love story, a life from from an invisible master.

New Reply is what you click if you just wanna post.

To reply to a specific post, Reply is underneath that specific post, right next to the Like button.

Do you see it?

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
29-12-2016, 03:27 PM
(29-12-2016 04:00 AM)GirlDumpsGod Wrote:  I'm new to this forum. I'm a newly realized atheist, basically since Presidential Election Day 2016, though it's been a long process. I was raised Catholic, became a born again Christian as a 17 yo runaway. Somehow got involved with the Baptists (okay, it was a guy), married a Baptist that turned Atheist on me! I thought we'd end up divorced. But, now we're on the same page and have changed from Christian homeschoolers to parenting free thinking kids, Hubby introduced me to Seth and others and I'm drinking it all in. All my life I've been crippled by fear. Fear of the dark (even as an adult), fear of death and hell. I'm just not afraid anymore. It feels so good. I'm a super busy mom, wife, and fitness professional, but I hope to be on here and partake of good discussion and information sharing. Thanks for reading!

Welcome! Big Grin

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post