Hello :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2017, 02:23 AM
RE: Hello :)
Welcome Phoenix Smile . Being a lifelong Atheist I cannot really relate to what you are going through but from being here for almost 3 years and hearing what others have been through I can understand that the transition can be very difficult and take a toll but I think you will be so much happier and feel so free when you have nothing to stop you from enjoying your life to the fullest.

There are plenty of people and resources here to help you if you need it so don't be afraid to jump right in to this crazy place and ask questions or just get to know us. You are not alone.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2017, 05:28 AM
RE: Hello :)
Evolutionary biologist, here. Married to a Christian evolutionary biologist.

I, however, was raised in a fundamentalist church, and like you the lies of Creationists caused me to examine the rest of the theology I'd been taught, to see if any of it was lies, too... and, well... here I am. Smile

Thankfully, I was able to see right through the Ken Hamm BS at the age of 17, so I didn't waste my adult years continuing to believe in a fable that is so demonstrably false.

If you have any questions about genetics or evolutionary biology in general, I'd be glad to field them for you. Shoot me a PM if I miss a question in-thread (I can't always check them all).

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply