Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2017, 07:50 AM
Hello
I was looking for a place with other atheist like me to communicate with. Where I am from there aren't many atheists. I can't wait to join in the discussions.
I'm 21, Female.
Deverted from Islam
Came from a Muslim country
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Got Darwin's post
21-03-2017, 08:15 AM
RE: Hello
(21-03-2017 07:50 AM)Got Darwin Wrote:  I was looking for a place with other atheist like me to communicate with. Where I am from there aren't many atheists. I can't wait to join in the discussions.
I'm 21, Female.
Deverted from Islam
Came from a Muslim country

Hello and welcome! I'm rather new here as well and I'm really enjoying the forum.

I'm sure your perspective will be appreciated. Already I'm intrigued by your intro. Have you told many people in your life that you are atheist?

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. (G.B.Shaw)
[+] 1 user Likes Vivian Darkbloom's post
21-03-2017, 08:16 AM
Hello! Big Grin
21-03-2017, 08:25 AM
Hey there, welcome!

I'm very impressed that you managed to break out of Islam. Much respect Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
21-03-2017, 08:38 AM
Hey yo! Welcome Smile

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
21-03-2017, 08:38 AM
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
21-03-2017, 08:46 AM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-03-2017, 09:26 AM
Welcome!
21-03-2017, 09:56 AM
Welcome!
21-03-2017, 10:05 AM
Welcome. I hope you find an intellectual home-- and a harbor for freedom of thought and speech-- here at TTA.

While I'm glad for all the personal data you posted, right away, the neat thing about being a nonbeliever is that none of the info you posted about yourself actually matters here, but only what you know and what you learn. We don't care if you're an ex-Muslim, a current Muslim, a female, a male, or anything else-- we do care if you are intellectually honest, knowledgeable, and humble enough to admit when you do not know and to learn (instead of asserting unproven dogmas).

However, I am glad of all your differences, and delighted for the different perspective and insights you will bring to the table, so that I might learn from you.

Welcome to The Thinking Atheist forums! Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson