Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2017, 03:38 AM
Hello
I'm from canada. I was raised a Christian conservative, but converted some of my belief systems to atheism in my teen years and throughout my 20s. Because of my indoctrination as youth, I still fear god but don't believe in one. I believe in hell, but not in heaven, I profess tolerance of all faiths, but think that religious freedom stifles the economy and forces the hiring of people insane enough to believe in unicorns. I don't believe governments should be as large as they are. I think people should be strong enough to fend for themseelves. I sometimes believe I have supernatural powers, but only when I'm weak minded. I wish I was vegan. I believe aliens stole b12 plants from earth. I think the bible is satanic in power, like the dark side of the force. I got married two years ago. My wife tolerates my views and beleifs, but I don't expect it from her or anybody else cause I'm crazy. I think trumps twitter feed is designed in a board room for the most possible divisive traction. I believe Stephen hawking is ridiculous when he says we need to leave earth in 100 years and that he is professing his own religion. I believe we are biologically earthbound, and that our tech will break down before it gets to another planet. What else about me, I hate god. I think religious freedom equals freedom of insanity, and that it is abuse to impose religion on a secular society. Their are no omniscient unicorns. That's .. that's my 144 character intro. Hope to have some thought provoking discussions. Thanks in advance. Sorry for typos, syntax errors and bad autocorrects in advance
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2017, 04:58 AM
RE: Hello
Hello, welcome.

I'm also Canadian.

Interesting intro, a lot to unpack in there...but I can actually agree with some of it.

Shy

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
06-05-2017, 05:03 AM
Welcome to TTA.

The intro threads are intended to provide a little information and let people say hello. If you want a discussion of some of your ideas, then it's best to start a thread in a forum like Politics or Atheism and Theism.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
06-05-2017, 05:26 AM
(06-05-2017 03:38 AM)VKTD Wrote:  I'm from canada. I was raised a Christian conservative, but converted some of my belief systems to atheism in my teen years and throughout my 20s. Because of my indoctrination as youth, I still fear god but don't believe in one. I believe in hell, but not in heaven, I profess tolerance of all faiths, but think that religious freedom stifles the economy and forces the hiring of people insane enough to believe in unicorns. I don't believe governments should be as large as they are. I think people should be strong enough to fend for themseelves. I sometimes believe I have supernatural powers, but only when I'm weak minded. I wish I was vegan. I believe aliens stole b12 plants from earth. I think the bible is satanic in power, like the dark side of the force. I got married two years ago. My wife tolerates my views and beleifs, but I don't expect it from her or anybody else cause I'm crazy. I think trumps twitter feed is designed in a board room for the most possible divisive traction. I believe Stephen hawking is ridiculous when he says we need to leave earth in 100 years and that he is professing his own religion. I believe we are biologically earthbound, and that our tech will break down before it gets to another planet. What else about me, I hate god. I think religious freedom equals freedom of insanity, and that it is abuse to impose religion on a secular society. Their are no omniscient unicorns. That's .. that's my 144 character intro. Hope to have some thought provoking discussions. Thanks in advance. Sorry for typos, syntax errors and bad autocorrects in advance

I have a value for the potential of my fellow humans to be non violent and compassionate. I do not however, value blind loyalty or "never offend". I owe my fellow human the right to make any claim they want, and I also have the right to call it bullshit.

I love my mom, she passed away in March. But as much as I love her, it would have driven me nuts if every day she claimed "The New England Patriots beat the Chicago Cubs in the Stanley Cup".

I value non violence and government protection of pluralism. But I am under no obligation to blindly value every claim someone might make.

There is no heaven OR hell. Long before the big three monotheisms polytheism worldwide had it's own ideas of the heavens and the "dark underworld". Humans made very bad guesses as to the nature of reality. It was understandable back then when humans didn't know any better but we know better now.

Anywho, welcome. Hope you can learn to learn from brainy skeptics that reside here.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
06-05-2017, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2017 05:50 AM by adey67.)
(06-05-2017 03:38 AM)VKTD Wrote:  I'm from canada. I was raised a Christian conservative, but converted some of my belief systems to atheism in my teen years and throughout my 20s. Because of my indoctrination as youth, I still fear god but don't believe in one. I believe in hell, but not in heaven, I profess tolerance of all faiths, but think that religious freedom stifles the economy and forces the hiring of people insane enough to believe in unicorns. I don't believe governments should be as large as they are. I think people should be strong enough to fend for themseelves. I sometimes believe I have supernatural powers, but only when I'm weak minded. I wish I was vegan. I believe aliens stole b12 plants from earth. I think the bible is satanic in power, like the dark side of the force. I got married two years ago. My wife tolerates my views and beleifs, but I don't expect it from her or anybody else cause I'm crazy. I think trumps twitter feed is designed in a board room for the most possible divisive traction. I believe Stephen hawking is ridiculous when he says we need to leave earth in 100 years and that he is professing his own religion. I believe we are biologically earthbound, and that our tech will break down before it gets to another planet. What else about me, I hate god. I think religious freedom equals freedom of insanity, and that it is abuse to impose religion on a secular society. Their are no omniscient unicorns. That's .. that's my 144 character intro. Hope to have some thought provoking discussions. Thanks in advance. Sorry for typos, syntax errors and bad autocorrects in advance

Welcome, this is the intro thread and the rules state that folks must play nice or not at all so may I gently say my friendly heads up to you is to make you aware that should you choose to interact on another part of the forum with some of the more controversial views you have expressed above that you maybe in for a rough ride and significant ridicule as except in this and the personal support section ad hominem attacks and flaming are permitted on this forum. I say this because I wouldn't want your feelings to be hurt, if for any reason you might be struggling emotionally or mentally at the moment. I look forward to making your acquaintance here and welcome once again. Regards Adey.
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
06-05-2017, 06:22 AM
Welcome to TTA.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
06-05-2017, 06:53 AM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-05-2017, 07:31 AM
Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-05-2017, 08:33 AM
Greetings!