Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2017, 07:27 AM
Hello
Hi, I'm here from Talk Freethought, this forum was mentioned and I thought I might like to be part of this community too. I've been a member of TF since 2004, when it was Internet Infidels.
I think I was born an atheist. We had a game in Sunday School to see who could get kicked out first. From there I progressed to "stealing from god", i.e.- pocketing the collection money my parents sent me to church with, while they stayed home in bed. I have no idea what they were doing while we kids were out of the house on Sunday mornings. But they had no idea what I was doing either. I finally got caught in the spring when the tax receipts came. You can cheat god, but you can't cheat the tax man.
I live in Canada, so pardon me if I have a tendency to gloat whenever healthcare, or politics in general (you know who I'm talking about) comes up.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Skepticaemia's post
05-09-2017, 08:08 AM
RE: Hello
Hello fellow newbie Smile

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 1 user Likes Thedemonbarber's post
05-09-2017, 08:10 AM
(05-09-2017 07:27 AM)Skepticaemia Wrote:  Hi, I'm here from Talk Freethought, this forum was mentioned and I thought I might like to be part of this community too. I've been a member of TF since 2004, when it was Internet Infidels.
I think I was born an atheist. We had a game in Sunday School to see who could get kicked out first. From there I progressed to "stealing from god", i.e.- pocketing the collection money my parents sent me to church with, while they stayed home in bed. I have no idea what they were doing while we kids were out of the house on Sunday mornings. But they had no idea what I was doing either. I finally got caught in the spring when the tax receipts came. You can cheat god, but you can't cheat the tax man.
I live in Canada, so pardon me if I have a tendency to gloat whenever healthcare, or politics in general (you know who I'm talking about) comes up.

Welcome! I think there is someone else who came here from Freethought recently.

Just pull up a chair and chime right in!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
05-09-2017, 08:28 AM
(05-09-2017 07:27 AM)Skepticaemia Wrote:  I have no idea what they were doing while we kids were out of the house on Sunday mornings.

Oh yes you do

[Image: bdzZj.gif]

Welcome though Laugh out load

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
05-09-2017, 08:35 AM
(05-09-2017 07:27 AM)Skepticaemia Wrote:  I live in Canada, so pardon me if I have a tendency to gloat whenever healthcare, or politics in general (you know who I'm talking about) comes up.

Hey, watch it bub. Our president has way bigger hands than your PM. No

And howdy.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
05-09-2017, 08:36 AM
(05-09-2017 07:27 AM)Skepticaemia Wrote:  I live in Canada, so pardon me if I have a tendency to gloat whenever healthcare, or politics in general (you know who I'm talking about) comes up.

Thanks okay, my health care is 100% free, just cost me some body parts. Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
05-09-2017, 08:42 AM
Hello! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
05-09-2017, 08:48 AM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
05-09-2017, 06:02 PM
Welcome to the forum.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
05-09-2017, 08:35 PM
Welcome to the forum family. I hope you like it here as much as I do! And as far as I'm concerned you are welcome to rag on our "not my President" as much as you like!

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams