Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2017, 09:05 PM
RE: Hello
You'll like it here.
When crazy people come to convert us, we have good talks about stir-fry and cheese recipes. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-09-2017, 09:09 PM
(06-09-2017 08:49 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Glad you've decided to join the affray! What languages do you speak? You'll probably even find some here who speak Klingon. Not me though. All I speak is Southern American English. And smileys. And I am fluent in memes. I'm not familiar with Norse Paganism, but dabbled a teeny tiny bit with modern Druidism when I was seeking a non-Christian path on the way to becoming "outright atheist."

So the door is open, come on into the forum family!

Thank you! I speak French fluently and Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish fairly well. I can read and understand Latin. But I still have some work to do in German, Modern Greek, Norwegian, and Swedish. I don't speak Klingon at all, but I do admire the culture. Smile
[+] 3 users Like Azalea's post
06-09-2017, 09:51 PM
Yeah jerry, I was wondering if I would make it over the high-set "intelligent people" bar. I figure I'll just limbo under it at times.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
06-09-2017, 09:53 PM
(06-09-2017 09:51 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Yeah jerry, I was wondering if I would make it over the high-set "intelligent people" bar. I figure I'll just limbo under it at times.

Get on my shoulders we'll limbo under it together.
[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
06-09-2017, 10:07 PM
"Thank you! I speak French fluently and Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish fairly well. I can read and understand Latin. But I still have some work to do in German, Modern Greek, Norwegian, and Swedish. I don't speak Klingon at all, but I do admire the culture."

That's impressive! I'd feel like I was accomplishing something stage-worthy if I could just manage to do a fake accent for each of those. For the past few days I've just been trying to achieve a passably fair "Ms. Swan" from MADtv, and I keep slipping, bizarrely into something vaguely Spanish instead.

I can do her expressions spot-on though.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: Mrs--Swan-mad-tv-312422_320_240.jpg]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
06-09-2017, 11:05 PM
Well, now, when I said intelligent I didn't mean highbrow. No, I had my fill of intellectual pretension in academia, believe me. What I meant was something other than that particular brand of aggressive stupidity that the religiously-inclined specialize in dispensing.
[+] 1 user Likes Azalea's post
06-09-2017, 11:49 PM
Hello! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
07-09-2017, 12:22 AM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-09-2017, 05:00 AM
Welcome aboard. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
09-09-2017, 11:28 AM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forums. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post