Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Hello
Hello from the Caribbean.I am a pilot with an airline here in the Caribbean called Antigua.Its an ex slave colony of the British so its heavily christian.Including myself i know of 2 other atheists living here. Married with 2 kids and the wife is agnostic. Was a lutheran for about 18 years.Have been an atheist for 9 years now.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like omrel's post
27-11-2011, 10:05 AM
RE: Hello
(26-11-2011 08:43 PM)omrel Wrote:  Hello from the Caribbean.I am a pilot with an airline here in the Caribbean called Antigua.Its an ex slave colony of the British so its heavily christian.Including myself i know of 2 other atheists living here. Married with 2 kids and the wife is agnostic. Was a lutheran for about 18 years.Have been an atheist for 9 years now.

It's good to hear that atheism is represented in so many places! Welcome to TTA!
[+] 1 user Likes Kaos MD's post
27-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Hey, Omrel! You must be very lonely - but, oh, what a beautiful place to be lonely in!
My family once had a vacation property on Montserrat, so stopped over in Antigua before we transferred to the little plane. I still choke up a bit when remembering that lost paradise.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 2 users Like Peterkin's post
27-11-2011, 10:50 AM
No kidding - I wouldn't mind being a little lonely in such a beautiful, sunny, WARM place!! Cool

Heart Welcome to the forum, Omrel and family.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
27-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Thanks guys but it's quite lonely here being one of 3 atheists that I know. Internet is my window to the outside world. If you guys are ever down this way I will be happy to show you around the island.
27-11-2011, 03:52 PM

(27-11-2011 10:38 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  My family once had a vacation property on Montserrat

Isn't that island mostly covered by volcanic ashes now?

Paradises can sometimes be a bit shaky under your feet!

Welcome, omrel, to the forum, I hope you are safe where you are!
Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Monserrat has what they call a
"safe" zone which is to the North of the island. The southern half of the island is mostly covered in pyro clastic flow but the capital is to the north now. There is a small airport there. I am quite safe here in Antigua unless the entire east side of the volcano decides to collapse which may cause a tsunami. It's not something I think about too often. The scientists there said its unlikely to happen.