Hello!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Hello!
Hello, there. Smile I'm jiyuu. I've been an atheist for a little over three years now, and have been searching for a community to join. It's tough to find other atheists out in the real world, especially where I'm from, so I hope to be able to make some friends and be able to talk about atheist issues that I can't really talk about with my very religious family.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2012, 08:33 AM
RE: Hello!
welcome to the forum jiyuu.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
21-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Hey Jiyuu. We're glad to have you here. Welcome to the wild and wacky world of TTA!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
21-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Hello glad you are here Jiyuu ! We all have about the same story in that our family just don't get it.
21-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Hi Everyone - I finally decided to join up after a year or so of following the TTA. I have been a atheist most of my life. Even where I am (Northeast) you still run into a lot of people who cannot believe you don't have a "special friend in the sky". I can only imagine how those of you in the bible belt have it. Looking forward to taking part in some of the threads. I consider myslef a conservative ( pro business, low taxes and stay out of others private lives). Every "conservative" I run into here thinks I'm a godless liberal Smile
21-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Hi jiyuu - there are a lot of other forums online, but I've found this place to be very inclusive and tolerant. Heck, we even have a few Theists hanging around! Cool
So relax, you're in good company.

Smile Welcome to the forum.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
21-01-2012, 10:45 AM
(21-01-2012 08:31 AM)jiyuu Wrote:  Hello, there. Smile I'm jiyuu. I've been an atheist for a little over three years now, and have been searching for a community to join. It's tough to find other atheists out in the real world, especially where I'm from, so I hope to be able to make some friends and be able to talk about atheist issues that I can't really talk about with my very religious family.

Welcome aboard.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Hi jiyuu,
welcome here and may I ask where you are from?
*offering cake and cocoa*

Hi Kid with the long name,
also welcome here, take some cake too and have cocoa.

Hot cocoa and a good piece of cake is the nicest thing in my opinion, I could have it dayly if it wasn't so unhealthy... just saying

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
21-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Hi and welcome to TTA

Have and insightful stay
(21-01-2012 02:30 PM)Leela Wrote:  Hi jiyuu,
welcome here and may I ask where you are from?
*offering cake and cocoa*

Hi Kid with the long name,
also welcome here, take some cake too and have cocoa.

Hot cocoa and a good piece of cake is the nicest thing in my opinion, I could have it dayly if it wasn't so unhealthy... just saying
I like the tea and cookie’s from the other tread better...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
21-01-2012, 02:45 PM
(21-01-2012 02:36 PM)The_observer Wrote:  I like the tea and cookie’s from the other tread better...
Well, sorry sir, then go and get some tea and cookies there *bitch bitch*

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post