Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Hello
First, I love the Thinking Atheist podcasts! I am so glad that I found them. I decided to look into the "Atheist" thing after I found a video of Christopher Hitchens on you tube, not sure how I got there as I was looking for something else entirely.... It was really disapointing that I discovered him a few weeks after he died though. Then found the videos on the Four Horsemen, and Richard Dawkins - all great to listen to. Unfortunately, I live in a county of North Florida that is still in the Dark Ages! Really, they voted to become a 'wet' county about 6 months ago! Have tried to get in touch with the local Athiest group, but it appears to have become inactive.....

Any way, glad to have found this place!

Ann
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes shadostr13's post
10-02-2012, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 07:37 AM by morondog.)
RE: Hello
Welcome Ann Smile
BTW what's a wet county? I didn't know you got rain by voting?
10-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Welcome!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
10-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Hello and welcome to the greatest place on the net.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
10-02-2012, 08:54 AM
A 'dry' county is one that does not allow the sale of alcoholic beverages other than beer; a 'wet' county allows the sale of alcoholic beverages such as wine or vodka. It was 'dry' because it is 'a christian county, and we don't beleve in drunkeness before the Lord' (a quote from the opposition to drinking).

Believe it or not but it's really true.........LOL

Gotta love small, backwoods, southern towns.

Ann
[+] 3 users Like shadostr13's post
10-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Hey Shadostr, glad to have you aboard. We need to have our reporters from the more backward areas to update us on the lunacy out there. We'll look forward to your observations! Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Hi and welcome to TTA

Have an insightful stay

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
10-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Sounds like you just stepped into an alternate dimension. Welcome to your new home You'll find many interesting new things in this place. For instance I'm a cat.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
10-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the forum ^_^
[+] 1 user Likes Ducky_Van_Octi's post
10-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums! It's difficult to imagine a place that doesn't sell alcohol other than beer. Very strange! Confused What county is that? I'm in Lee county, FL. Still a very religious area of the US, but not to the extent that alcohol is limited.