Hello Again!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2012, 12:51 PM
RE: Hello Again!
(30-10-2012 06:09 AM)ebilekittae Wrote:  Hey there everybody! I'm Kathryn, I used to be active on here but I haven't posted in a couple years or something. I thought I'd like to see how things had come along since I left and try to meet new people!

So, since I imagine I probably won't recognise most people and they won't recognise me, I might as well introduce myself again!

As I said, I'm Kathryn. I live in northern Kentucky (yes, the state with the Creation Museum and the WIP Noah's Ark). I'm an atheist among a family of very conservative fundamentalist Christians (I live with my Grandmama and two aunts currently, however, and they--while still being Creationists--are much more liberal in practice). I'm a feminist and advocate trans rights. I play video games way too much, especially fighting games. I'm a university student at the University of Louisville, currently with a majour in pre-engineering, but I might be changing that to Women's Studies come next semester.

Um, so I guess that's it! Pleased to meet everyone!

Stick with engineering so you can make a decent living.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-11-2012, 06:40 AM
(31-10-2012 12:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  Stick with engineering so you can make a decent living.

That's what I was thinking. It would be incredibly hard to get a good job with a degree in Women's Studies (hell, I'm not even sure what kind of a non-professor job I could get with that).

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2012, 09:20 AM
it's a degree that you get if you plan to work inside non-rofit organizations. Women's studies is primarily a degree for activists. A field that doesn't reallly require a degree but you're more likely to be o th paid staff with a degree.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post