Hello Again!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2012, 06:09 AM
Hello Again!
Hey there everybody! I'm Kathryn, I used to be active on here but I haven't posted in a couple years or something. I thought I'd like to see how things had come along since I left and try to meet new people!

So, since I imagine I probably won't recognise most people and they won't recognise me, I might as well introduce myself again!

As I said, I'm Kathryn. I live in northern Kentucky (yes, the state with the Creation Museum and the WIP Noah's Ark). I'm an atheist among a family of very conservative fundamentalist Christians (I live with my Grandmama and two aunts currently, however, and they--while still being Creationists--are much more liberal in practice). I'm a feminist and advocate trans rights. I play video games way too much, especially fighting games. I'm a university student at the University of Louisville, currently with a majour in pre-engineering, but I might be changing that to Women's Studies come next semester.

Um, so I guess that's it! Pleased to meet everyone!

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2012, 06:13 AM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2012 06:25 AM by Free Thought.)
RE: Hello Again!
G'day, I'm one of the "new people" you talk about, pleasure to read you(?).

I think we'll get along just fine so long as you aren't one of the nutty feminists. Yes
(Edit: To clarify, by nutty, I mean "ultra feminists" or Separatist feminists. Thanks Morondog for making me feel as though I misspoke or was not clear)

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
Find all posts by this user
30-10-2012, 06:19 AM
oo look at FT jumping in with 'as long as you're not a feminist' Smile Nice going chap Wink

Welcome back EK Smile I think I signed up juuuust before you left, or at any rate, I've come across some of your posts before now. So will be cool to see ya around.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-10-2012, 06:22 AM
Greetings, and even though I am not familiar with the name, nor you mine, welcome back.
30-10-2012, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the welcomes everyone! Big Grin
And don't worry, I try to be quite sane. Tongue I'm not anti-man or anything and I recognise that men have problems imposed on them by society as well, even if it's to a lesser extent, and they shouldn't be ignored but addressed just as well.

I hope you read good posts of mine, Morondog! xD I know I've asked several kind of idiotic question in the past. Tongue I swear I'm not as ignorant nowadays!

Also, I'm going to take it from your custom title that you watch the Magic Sanwich Show, Free Thought? I really enjoy it, myself!

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
[+] 3 users Like ebilekittae's post
30-10-2012, 06:46 AM
Oh excellent!

And why yes, I am quite familiar with the MSS. I should watch the episodes I missed recently.
Well away I go.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
30-10-2012, 06:51 AM
Yay kattims is back!!!!!!! I didn't know you were changing your carreer path. Planning on getting into activism?

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
30-10-2012, 07:00 AM
Yess! I've been thinking of getting into some kind of writing activism or something... but it's difficult to think about how to do that in a practical sense. I'm working on trying to find out how to do something like that. Tongue I decided firmly against psychology since I'm way too introverted. I dunno if I could handle having such a people-oriented career, you know?

30-10-2012, 07:09 AM
Nice to see you back. Where ya been?

Just visiting.

-SR
30-10-2012, 07:13 AM
Welcome back.