Hello Again!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2012, 07:48 AM
RE: Hello Again!
(30-10-2012 07:34 AM)ebilekittae Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 07:28 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Actually I live pretty close to Knoxville, but alas, I've never heard of this society.

Would you be interested in meeting up with them sometime? I can ask my friend who's involved in it where they meet up and stuff if you'd like to!

Hmm...I won't discount it. I'm assuming they have an informational website, or FB Page I could google, but maybe you could PM me sometime and tell me what they are all about. That is, what they do as oppose to the way they promote themselves. It is important for me to remain...what is the word that doesn't make me seem like I'm a James Bond villain...not anonymous per se, just keep my face and name out of the media to include web pages or anything (Hell I dunno what they do.) If they are political, I find that I disagree with most Atheists political views, especially on economics.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Thanks KidCharlemagne1962! Big Grin

(30-10-2012 07:48 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Hmm...I won't discount it. I'm assuming they have an informational website, or FB Page I could google, but maybe you could PM me sometime and tell me what they are all about. That is, what they do as oppose to the way they promote themselves. It is important for me to remain...what is the word that doesn't make me seem like I'm a James Bond villain...not anonymous per se, just keep my face and name out of the media to include web pages or anything (Hell I dunno what they do.) If they are political, I find that I disagree with most Atheists political views, especially on economics.

Sure thing! Big Grin They said on the Freethought Forum (their show) that the ASK organization is apolitical, but I imagine they have typical demographics as far as political views go. I'm sorry I can't provide much information on them after bringing them up. xD I'll certainly PM you with the information once I get it from my friend!

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-10-2012, 08:15 AM
(30-10-2012 06:09 AM)ebilekittae Wrote:  Hey there everybody! I'm Kathryn, I used to be active on here but I haven't posted in a couple years or something. I thought I'd like to see how things had come along since I left and try to meet new people!

So, since I imagine I probably won't recognise most people and they won't recognise me, I might as well introduce myself again!

As I said, I'm Kathryn. I live in northern Kentucky (yes, the state with the Creation Museum and the WIP Noah's Ark). I'm an atheist among a family of very conservative fundamentalist Christians (I live with my Grandmama and two aunts currently, however, and they--while still being Creationists--are much more liberal in practice). I'm a feminist and advocate trans rights. I play video games way too much, especially fighting games. I'm a university student at the University of Louisville, currently with a majour in pre-engineering, but I might be changing that to Women's Studies come next semester.

Um, so I guess that's it! Pleased to meet everyone!

Hi. Do you go to Northern Kentucky U ?
I was there in June, for a day. A friend was doing a gig for PR. Have you seen the poster in the Louisville airport ? That's him. He doesn't really go there.
Then we drove down to look at Gethsemani Abbey. Nice place, big farm. The chant was disappointing, but it was fun waking around the joint.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

30-10-2012, 08:57 AM
(30-10-2012 08:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Hi. Do you go to Northern Kentucky U ?
I was there in June, for a day. A friend was doing a gig for PR. Have you seen the poster in the Louisville airport ? That's him. He doesn't really go there.
Then we drove down to look at Gethsemani Abbey. Nice place, big farm. The chant was disappointing, but it was fun waking around the joint.

Ah, no, I got to UofL! Big Grin Well, nominally--I'm in distance education. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
30-10-2012, 09:06 PM
(30-10-2012 06:09 AM)ebilekittae Wrote:  Hey there everybody! I'm Kathryn, I used to be active on here but I haven't posted in a couple years or something. I thought I'd like to see how things had come along since I left and try to meet new people!

So, since I imagine I probably won't recognise most people and they won't recognise me, I might as well introduce myself again!

As I said, I'm Kathryn. I live in northern Kentucky (yes, the state with the Creation Museum and the WIP Noah's Ark). I'm an atheist among a family of very conservative fundamentalist Christians (I live with my Grandmama and two aunts currently, however, and they--while still being Creationists--are much more liberal in practice). I'm a feminist and advocate trans rights. I play video games way too much, especially fighting games. I'm a university student at the University of Louisville, currently with a majour in pre-engineering, but I might be changing that to Women's Studies come next semester.

Welcome back. I think I remember you from before you left, I'm not sure how active I was back then though so you probs don't remember me.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
30-10-2012, 09:19 PM
(30-10-2012 09:06 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

Welcome back. I think I remember you from before you left, I'm not sure how active I was back then though so you probs don't remember me.

Oh stop hitting on her, man. Tongue

Hughsie is a HUGE flirt, don't mind him.

Welcome back, ebilekittae.
Hello, I am A2, and I think I came back after you left. I left for one year and then came back, and have been posting ever since.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
30-10-2012, 09:20 PM
(30-10-2012 09:19 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Oh stop hitting on her, man. Tongue

Hello, I am A2, and I think I came back after you left. I left for one year and then came back, and have been posting ever since.

Someone's still sore about a certain Skype call aren't they? Wink Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
30-10-2012, 09:21 PM
(30-10-2012 09:20 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 09:19 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Oh stop hitting on her, man. Tongue

Someone's still sore about a certain Skype call aren't they? Wink Big Grin

Fuck yeah I am you drunkard!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
30-10-2012, 10:27 PM
I feel like I miss so much on the skype calls. I need to do them more often haha.
31-10-2012, 05:08 AM
Haha, thanks for the welcomes A2 and Hughsie! Big Grin