Hello All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2014, 01:46 PM
RE: Hello All
When I say you're an atheist, I'm telling you that, by what you said, you're an atheist. Saying you're an agnostic is only for your own benefit, so you won't entirely piss off the god you aren't sure exists. Atheists have one stance: There isn't enough sufficient evidence to prove there is a god. That's it. If there was, we'd gladly believe, because it would be fact. That doesn't mean we'd worship him or like him, but we'd believe just like we believe in gravity. Until then we are skeptical. I don't agree with people calling you names, and I think it gives us a bad rep for no reason. I wasn't being abusive, I was helping you.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
06-01-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm confused now. I thought that was the definition of atheism. Please help me out here. Are you saying that there are atheist that believe in other gods?
(06-01-2014 11:54 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  For the record, most atheists don't "believe there is no god". I personally hold that position, but not many agree with me. Either way, welcome!
Find all posts by this user
06-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Some people say there is no god, but how could they know? The stance is just that, a stance. An atheist "follows no god" is another way of looking at it, but if there were a god and it could be proved to us, all atheists would believe there is a god, but they wouldn't necessarily follow him or worship him.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2014, 04:25 PM
(06-01-2014 04:06 PM)Sovby Wrote:  I'm confused now. I thought that was the definition of atheism. Please help me out here. Are you saying that there are atheist that believe in other gods?

No

Atheists believe in evidence and so far there has been no evidence supporting mystical magicians. We don't rule out the possibility of a deity most of us just find it highly unlikely.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
06-01-2014, 09:13 PM
(06-01-2014 11:48 AM)Sovby Wrote:  Well, I didn't come here to get verbally abused. My problem with atheism is that atheist think they know the answer. The reason that I consider myself an agnostic is that I do not think there is a god but there is a chance that I am wrong. I doubt it but it is possible
(06-01-2014 05:26 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Do you question if gravity exists?
Are you on the fence about gravity?

No, of course not. So why are you on the fence about the existence of God?

agnostic = douche

You're playing the "I don't believe in God, but just in case there is a God, I always knew there was a chance there was" card, which is just being a douche.

There is a slight chance that if I drop this cup that it wont fall to the ground.
That chance is next to nothing, like shoulder to shoulder next to, and so we don't even recognize it as a possibility.
This is the only difference between Atheism and Agnostic.
Anyone that says God does not exist 100% is as much an idiot as someone who says he does exist 100%.

The only difference between Agnostics and Atheists is that we, Atheist, recognize that the chance of a god existing is so small, like that of gravity not happening when I drop this cup, that that chance isn't even worth recognizing and we might as well say 100%.
Agnostics on the other hand are douche ex-theists who are too douchey to let go of their God because they're afraid that they'll go to non-existent hell.

agnostic = pussy douche.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
07-01-2014, 12:51 AM
Jesus loves you Muffs.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-01-2014, 02:55 AM
(07-01-2014 12:51 AM)morondog Wrote:  Jesus loves you Muffs.

But only so he can get a green card.

[Image: SuperStock_4163-1222.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
07-01-2014, 06:15 AM
I appreciate everyones help but i think you are wrong on alot of things. How do you know that the reason i'm calling myself an agnostic is because i'm thinking i'm going to hell? You don't know anything about me. Calling me names doesn't help anything & it makes you look like a jerk. I'm not interested in getting into a pissing contest with anyone. Whether i call myself an atheist or an agnostic is irrelevant. I probably should not even have brought it up. You may end up being right but for right now how about you let me proceed at my own pace?
(06-01-2014 09:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 11:48 AM)Sovby Wrote:  Well, I didn't come here to get verbally abused. My problem with atheism is that atheist think they know the answer. The reason that I consider myself an agnostic is that I do not think there is a god but there is a chance that I am wrong. I doubt it but it is possible

You're playing the "I don't believe in God, but just in case there is a God, I always knew there was a chance there was" card, which is just being a douche.

There is a slight chance that if I drop this cup that it wont fall to the ground.
That chance is next to nothing, like shoulder to shoulder next to, and so we don't even recognize it as a possibility.
This is the only difference between Atheism and Agnostic.
Anyone that says God does not exist 100% is as much an idiot as someone who says he does exist 100%.

The only difference between Agnostics and Atheists is that we, Atheist, recognize that the chance of a god existing is so small, like that of gravity not happening when I drop this cup, that that chance isn't even worth recognizing and we might as well say 100%.
Agnostics on the other hand are douche ex-theists who are too douchey to let go of their God because they're afraid that they'll go to non-existent hell.

agnostic = pussy douche.
07-01-2014, 12:23 PM
I looked this up on wikipedia. It really doesn't matter what i call myself but agnostic atheism describes me pretty well. So its possible i'm both an agnostic & an atheist. There seems to be alot of different definitions of atheism & agnosticism so i may change my mind about it but i'm pretty sure i'm not being a pussy about it.

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist.

Agnosticism is the belief that the truth values of certain claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any deity, as well as other religious and metaphysical claims—are unknown. Agnosticism sometimes indicates doubt or a skeptical approach to questions. In the popular sense, an agnostic is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves in the existence of a deity or deities, whereas a theist and an atheist believe and disbelieve, respectively.

Agnostic atheism, also called atheistic agnosticism, is a philosophical position that encompasses both atheism and agnosticism. Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact.
[+] 5 users Like Sovby's post
07-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Nice going Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.