02-05-2017, 11:01 AM
RE: Hello All
Hello! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2017, 12:47 PM
G'day mate, and welcome. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
02-05-2017, 03:29 PM
Welcome to the forum

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
02-05-2017, 03:56 PM
Welcome to TTA, runkaroo! Shy

No judgement here... that isn't at least fair. Tongue

03-05-2017, 04:04 PM
Welcome to TTA! I feel that You and I are in similar shoes. I was raised in a southern baptist family and have not yet gotten to the point to talking with my family about me being an athiest.
I joined this forum to be a part of a community that understand what I'm going throug so I'd love to chat with you about our experiences.
-Mallory
[+] 1 user Likes Mallory's post
03-05-2017, 09:05 PM
Hi there!
04-05-2017, 07:08 PM
(01-05-2017 10:14 PM)runkaroo Wrote:  Hi everyone. I'm new here... obviously. I wanted to join something where I could express what's on my mind freely without judgement. I come from a baptist christian home, and I'm the oddball,/free thinker of the family. I gradually became an atheist as I transitioned into adulthood. Unfortunately, it is not something I can openly admit for fear of upsetting my family. Hence, why I am here. So, nice to meet you all! Look forward to talking.

> FYI: https://vimeo.com/15773748
04-05-2017, 07:21 PM
Hi runkaroo. Welcome. I'm new to the forum too and joined for similar reasons.
09-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Thanks for all the warm, welcoming words! I already like you people. Wink

And no worries, I've been "out" for several years. I have no doubt that religion is a load of crap. I'm majoring in Biology, and would love to go into a scientific field specifically something that helps animals. I think I came to the realization that I was an atheist around the age of 19 or 20 (25 now). Before that, I would say I was more agnostic mostly due to loads of brainwashing throughout my childhood. I was more of a critical thinker than the rest of my family so I guess it never really made sense to me. I'm quite content in being atheist. I get my sense of spirituality from being in nature and around animals. Life is good. Smile

Anyhow, thanks again for the comments! Look forward to browsing the forum more frequently!
[+] 2 users Like runkaroo's post
09-05-2017, 08:30 PM
I'm a former Southern Baptist (family are all still evangelical extremists) who majored in biology and chemistry, and just before graduation was given a series of books by the family about why evolution was false... which by that point was just hilarious to me, so I went through and footnoted all the errors and outright lies in the books. They didn't talk to me for a decade after that (my siblings still will not), but eventually my folks accepted their infidel son.

Welcome to TTA. We have lots of science lovers, here. Look forward to discussing the latest in evolutionary biology with you. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post