Hello All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2017, 08:39 PM
RE: Hello All
(09-05-2017 08:30 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I'm a former Southern Baptist (family are all still evangelical extremists) who majored in biology and chemistry, and just before graduation was given a series of books by the family about why evolution was false... which by that point was just hilarious to me, so I went through and footnoted all the errors and outright lies in the books. They didn't talk to me for a decade after that (my siblings still will not), but eventually my folks accepted their infidel son.

Welcome to TTA. We have lots of science lovers, here. Look forward to discussing the latest in evolutionary biology with you. Smile

Yikes. Yes, my mother tries to slip me books that have a religious theme, I think, in hopes of saving my soul. It's kind of insulting. I can never openly tell her I'm an atheist because it would crush her, and I could never do that. She's a kind person, despite being naive and religious. We have had heated discussions about evolution, abortion, and other things but I've never outright said I don't believe there's a god. I do wish I could have an open conversation about it, but I don't foresee that happening if I want to keep my sanity. x.x
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like runkaroo's post