Hello Atheists of Thought

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2011, 03:57 PM
RE: Hello Atheists of Thought
Oh, good - fresh meat.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-12-2011, 04:01 PM
(17-12-2011 05:03 AM)Egor Wrote:  My name is Edward
euh...
You aren’t Edward Current are you? Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
17-12-2011, 11:15 PM

(17-12-2011 03:10 PM)Malleus Wrote:  Well, if you came to be de-converted, we can certainly try. If you came to hold your ground, that's fine too, as long as you understand that some of us will try to rock the boat every once in a while. Ultimately it's up to you.

Either way, you're welcome here

Not only can I hold my ground, I can take territory.

(17-12-2011 03:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, good - fresh meat.

You know, that's exactly what I thought when I found this forum! Shy

(17-12-2011 04:01 PM)The_observer Wrote:  You aren’t Edward Current are you? Smile

No.

(17-12-2011 11:47 AM)ddrew Wrote:  Sounds like to me your starting to have doubts about your faith. If you were 100% true in your faith you wouldn't have made that statement... Think about it Smile
Your amongst a good group here. Hopefully you find what your looking for...

I don't believe anymore. I know. Sleepy
Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2011, 12:57 AM
(17-12-2011 11:15 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(17-12-2011 03:10 PM)Malleus Wrote:  Well, if you came to be de-converted, we can certainly try. If you came to hold your ground, that's fine too, as long as you understand that some of us will try to rock the boat every once in a while. Ultimately it's up to you.

(17-12-2011 03:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, good - fresh meat.

You know, that's exactly what I thought when I found this forum! Shy

(17-12-2011 04:01 PM)The_observer Wrote:  You aren’t Edward Current are you? Smile

No.

(17-12-2011 11:47 AM)ddrew Wrote:  Sounds like to me your starting to have doubts about your faith. If you were 100% true in your faith you wouldn't have made that statement... Think about it Smile
Your amongst a good group here. Hopefully you find what your looking for...

Well, so much for thinking we found a friend for KC. Sad

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
18-12-2011, 01:12 AM
(17-12-2011 03:10 PM)Malleus Wrote:  If you came to hold your ground, that's fine too, as long as you understand that some of us will try to rock the boat every once in a while.

Erm... Huh You're not sure about Christianity? That seems to be the message I'm getting... The line seems a bit garbled. Send three and four pence, we're going to a dance!
18-12-2011, 04:35 AM

(18-12-2011 12:57 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Well, so much for thinking we found a friend for KC. Sad

The problem with being friends with atheists is the whole reason they want to be your friend is to keep you from telling them the horrible truths they need to hear, like if they die as an atheist they will go to hell, like they have no moral foundation, like they are dragging humanity down to the level of animals.

So, we won't be taking warm showers together...now what?

(18-12-2011 01:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  Erm... Huh You're not sure about Christianity? That seems to be the message I'm getting... The line seems a bit garbled. Send three and four pence, we're going to a dance!

There are lots of "Christianities." I am sure about Jesus Christ being the only way to eternal life with God. You want to dance? I'll lead.
Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2011, 05:04 AM
(18-12-2011 04:35 AM)Egor Wrote:  The problem with being friends with atheists is the whole reason they want to be your friend is to keep you from telling them the horrible truths they need to hear, like if they die as an atheist they will go to hell, like they have no moral foundation, like they are dragging humanity down to the level of animals.

Too bad you discovered my cunning plan Tongue Guess I'll have to break out plan B. Oh wait, no showers together either ? Dang it.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
18-12-2011, 05:30 AM
(18-12-2011 04:35 AM)Egor Wrote:  The problem with being friends with atheists is the whole reason they want to be your friend is to keep you from telling them the horrible truths they need to hear, like if they die as an atheist they will go to hell
I'll want to be your friend to tell you that, if you die a Christian, you’ll go to hades.
Undecided

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
18-12-2011, 06:30 AM
(18-12-2011 04:35 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(18-12-2011 12:57 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Well, so much for thinking we found a friend for KC. Sad

The problem with being friends with atheists is the whole reason they want to be your friend is to keep you from telling them the horrible truths they need to hear, like if they die as an atheist they will go to hell, like they have no moral foundation, like they are dragging humanity down to the level of animals.

So, we won't be taking warm showers together...now what?

(18-12-2011 01:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  Erm... Huh You're not sure about Christianity? That seems to be the message I'm getting... The line seems a bit garbled. Send three and four pence, we're going to a dance!

There are lots of "Christianities." I am sure about Jesus Christ being the only way to eternal life with God. You want to dance? I'll lead.

KC is a Theist, one of the few good kind. But I have a strong feeling you may not be elect, so I guess the warm showers are still off.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
18-12-2011, 06:38 AM

I see.

Okaay, move along, people, there's nothing to see there Big Grin

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 6 users Like Malleus's post