Hello Atheists of Thought

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2011, 09:45 PM
RE: Hello Atheists of Thought
It was my beer breath that scared him off... sorry.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
18-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Sad Disappointment. He started out so nice... Then he comes out with "atheists are dragging the human race down to the level of animals"... He found this place on a google search... I just don't get it? Did he think "I know, I'll go find some souls in need of saving" and google "atheist forum" on google?

I think a lot of guys feel bad that they can't actually debate 'cos their beliefs are so pansy, so they go seek out a place like this, make a few passive aggressive posts, get laughed at and run away, but then they can say "I'm open to discussion, I went to X forum and the guys there were just rude and judgmental and wouldn't listen to anything I had to say, so I left. You can't talk to those who won't listen."
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
18-12-2011, 11:30 PM
(18-12-2011 11:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  Sad Disappointment. He started out so nice... Then he comes out with "atheists are dragging the human race down to the level of animals"... He found this place on a google search... I just don't get it? Did he think "I know, I'll go find some souls in need of saving" and google "atheist forum" on google?

I think a lot of guys feel bad that they can't actually debate 'cos their beliefs are so pansy, so they go seek out a place like this, make a few passive aggressive posts, get laughed at and run away, but then they can say "I'm open to discussion, I went to X forum and the guys there were just rude and judgmental and wouldn't listen to anything I had to say, so I left. You can't talk to those who won't listen."

I try to say six rude and judgmental things every morning before breakfast.

Gotta stay sharp.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
19-12-2011, 03:02 AM

(18-12-2011 05:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  Too bad you discovered my cunning plan Tongue Guess I'll have to break out plan B. Oh wait, no showers together either ? Dang it.

LOL

(18-12-2011 06:30 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  KC is a Theist, one of the few good kind. But I have a strong feeling you may not be elect, so I guess the warm showers are still off.

Now, I wonder what kind of theist is the kind that atheists call the “good kind.”

(18-12-2011 07:50 AM)Leela Wrote:  As I see it we might be having some fun with you Egor. Welcome in our circle of sinners.

Thank you. I’m delighted.

(18-12-2011 08:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  So anyway, what are you Christian beliefs?

Are you a practicing Catholic?

No, I am a non-denominational, non-evangelical Christian. I believe that faith in Jesus Christ is the only way to God, the Father. I believe in the Trinity. I believe Jesus Christ is God. But I differ in that for me, the Canon is the four Gospels of the New Testament. The Old Testament is a historical reference for the Gospels. The rest of the New Testament is commentary by early Christians on the Gospels. So, that separates me pretty much from the traditional Church.

(18-12-2011 10:29 AM)ddrew Wrote:  Hehehe .... wonder if Egor will even make it out of his own introduction thread...

I work on the weekends, but I’m off four days during the week. I do more participation on my days off. Plus I’m in some other atheist forums. If anyone ever wants my attention, it’s best to post a comment in my blog as I respond to it before I respond to any forums.

(18-12-2011 09:38 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I predict........no further posts from this new user.

Surprise!

Quote:Bleh. Kind of sucks that we can't get normal Christians.

Pray tell, what are they?

(18-12-2011 11:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  Sad Disappointment. He started out so nice... Then he comes out with "atheists are dragging the human race down to the level of animals"... He found this place on a google search... I just don't get it? Did he think "I know, I'll go find some souls in need of saving" and google "atheist forum" on google?

If you think I'm the type to run off, you'll mistake me. As for saving souls, that's God's job, not mine. I'm here to discuss, debate, and tear your belief system apart. I hate atheism with a passion. I don't hate you; I hate atheism. So, out of love for you, I will have to hand you your ass.

See ya 'round. Wink
Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2011, 03:13 AM
(19-12-2011 03:02 AM)Egor Wrote:  If you think I'm the type to run off, you'll mistake me. As for saving souls, that's God's job, not mine. I'm here to discuss, debate, and tear your belief system apart . I hate atheism with a passion. I don't hate you. I hate atheism. So, out of love for you, I will have to hand you your ass.

See ya 'round. Wink

Oh good.. we have somthing in common .. you hate atheism .. i hate theism .. looks like you and I are going to have a nice hateful relationship lol..

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 3 users Like ddrew's post
19-12-2011, 03:20 AM
Hi Egor Smile

Glad you're back... I don't hate you either, please realise. But I do dislike a lot of what Christianity teaches.

So here are some questions for you, if you don't mind answering:
1. Why do you think atheism drags humans down to the level of animals?
2. My stock question for Christians on the forum: what do *you* think of gay people? Just a sentence will suffice. And I'm not asking what your belief system teaches, just what you think. Although feel free to comment on what your belief system teaches too.
3. Are you a creationist?
4. Um... why do you hate atheism? I mean... I don't like Christianity because it has impacted negatively on my life in many ways. Has atheism impacted on your life negatively? Or are you just super fired up with the joy of the Lord?
19-12-2011, 03:42 AM
(19-12-2011 03:02 AM)Egor Wrote:  ... I'm here to discuss, debate, and tear your belief system apart. I hate atheism with a passion. I don't hate you; I hate atheism. So, out of love for you, I will have to hand you your ass.

See ya 'round. Wink

That is so not going to happen.Dodgy

Bring it.Cool

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-12-2011, 03:44 AM
PS: Could you tone down the "I'm gonna hand you your ass" statements until you've actually done that. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-12-2011, 04:05 AM

(19-12-2011 03:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  Hi Egor Smile

Glad you're back... I don't hate you either, please realise. But I do dislike a lot of what Christianity teaches.

So here are some questions for you, if you don't mind answering:

1. Why do you think atheism drags humans down to the level of animals?

Well, actually it aims for something even lower, because I believe animals have souls, but essentially atheism asserts that humans don’t have souls. If atheism is true, we are simply biological mechanism being pushed around by the contingencies of a chaotic universe.

Quote:2. My stock question for Christians on the forum: what do *you* think of gay people?
Just a sentence will suffice. And I'm not asking what your belief system teaches, just what you think. Although feel free to comment on what your belief system teaches too.

Jesus doesn’t talk about it (even though it was common in Rome, and even though he talked about many other sins). So, if he doesn’t give a damn about it, I sure don’t.

Quote:3. Are you a creationist?

I believe God directs evolution in the same way he directs gravity, electromagnetism, and the weak and strong nuclear forces. I think evolution is the way it works and that the universe is billions of years old, but I still find it absolutely impossible to have evolved without a Divine consciousness starting it, directing it, and holding everything in existence on a very fundamental level. In other words, I consider evolution to be an argument for the existence of God; it’s another form of order in the universe.

Quote:4. Um... why do you hate atheism? I mean... I don't like Christianity because it has impacted negatively on my life in many ways.

Excuse me...Christianity has impacted so negatively on my life, I don’t know how to comprehend it if I look at it all at once. But I never threw out the baby with the bathwater. If you read the Gospels you will see that Jesus Christ doesn’t fit in Christianity any more than you do. I’m not damning the Church, for it is the only institution where people who at least try to follow Jesus Christ come together. But believe me, I feel your pain.

Quote:Has atheism impacted on your life negatively? Or are you just super fired up with the joy of the Lord?

It disgusts me, and if a person remains an atheist until they die, and then they die an atheist and enter eternity that way, they will then be forever separated from God. They will be in hell. I would like to prevent that for as many people as possible. So, yes, I’m all fired up with the joy of the Lord. Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2011, 04:18 AM
(19-12-2011 03:02 AM)Egor Wrote:  No, I am a non-denominational, non-evangelical Christian. I believe that faith in Jesus Christ is the only way to God, the Father. I believe in the Trinity. I believe Jesus Christ is God. But I differ in that for me, the Canon is the four Gospels of the New Testament. The Old Testament is a historical reference for the Gospels. The rest of the New Testament is commentary by early Christians on the Gospels. So, that separates me pretty much from the traditional Church.

I see, I see, good.

It makes sense, but please educate me on a few topics.

1. If the Old Testament is disposable, what was all that killing and sacrificing about? I mean Jesus. If you don't literally believe that a man and a woman sitting in a tree ate a fruit and that was simply too much for god to take, then why did Jesus have to come?

2. How did you decide that *all* four (or more) gospels are reliable sources of information? Why not just one or two? Or why not include Isaiah as ""the Old Testament Evangelist" for example? I'm just trying to figure out your criteria. I mean, the gospels are commentaries made by early christians on the life of Jesus not earlier that 30 years after everything supposedly happened. And if you study what christian scholars found out about the gospels, they are anonymous writings based on hear-say as none of the authors witnessed the events. Mathew, Mark, Luke and John are simply conventional names for the books and not the real names of the authors who are, as I said, unknown (before you argue against this, please make a real effort to find out for yourself if I'm right or wrong).

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.