Hello Atheists of Thought

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2011, 05:09 PM
RE: Hello Atheists of Thought
(19-12-2011 04:05 AM)Egor Wrote:  If atheism is true, we are simply biological mechanism being pushed around by the contingencies of a chaotic universe.

It disgusts me, and if a person remains an atheist until they die, and then they die an atheist and enter eternity that way, they will then be forever separated from God. They will be in hell. I would like to prevent that for as many people as possible.

Why? Why would you like to prevent that for as many people as possible? Is there some sort of a commission?

Maybe the non-theists' roll in your god's "plan" is to be separated from him. Maybe some of us like the idea that we might be simply biological mechanisms being pushed around by the contingencies of a chaotic universe. What's it to you? Who are you to tell another what to think?

And ... wouldn't you be fucking up your god's all important, "plan"? Unless of course, you also know what your god wants.

Smile Welcome to the forum.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-12-2011, 11:25 PM
You said you got evidence for the man in the sky? Spill the beans please Wink
19-12-2011, 11:35 PM
(19-12-2011 11:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  You said you got evidence for the man in the sky? Spill the beans please Wink

md, I'm pretty sure he meant this:

[Image: jesus_toast.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
19-12-2011, 11:48 PM
(19-12-2011 11:35 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(19-12-2011 11:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  You said you got evidence for the man in the sky? Spill the beans please Wink

md, I'm pretty sure he meant this:

[Image: jesus_toast.jpg]

Beans on toast?
20-12-2011, 12:04 AM
(19-12-2011 11:48 PM)morondog Wrote:  Beans on toast?

Nah, that sounds more like something Hughsie or FSM would eat.

But I did find that I can create my own evidence for God for just $34.95 plus shipping and a loaf of bread.

Burnt Impressions

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
20-12-2011, 01:08 AM
Bah... Where is Egor at??? I'm all juiced up and he's not around.. what a boring individual....

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
20-12-2011, 01:09 AM
(20-12-2011 12:04 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
But I did find that I can create my own evidence for God for just $34.95 plus shipping and a loaf of bread.
Burnt Impressions

Smile That is the coolest thing I've ever seen!

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
20-12-2011, 01:42 AM

(19-12-2011 10:04 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hmmm, it seems our theology is somewhat parallel.

Perhaps. That would be nice, wouldn’t it? Rolleyes

Quote:Few questions:

1) Do you believe in an inerrant Bible?

I believe the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are inerrant. I believe the Old Testament is useful as an historical background for the Gospels, and that the rest of the New Testament is commentary on the Gospels by early Christian writers.

I am not Catholic. I am non-denominational and non-evangelical. Therefore, I determine my own canon, and that canon is the four Gospels of the New Testament.

Quote:2) Whose belief on free will do you adhere to? Augustine and Pelagius?

I agree more with Pelagius.

(19-12-2011 01:04 PM)ddrew Wrote:  For all I know, God intended it for me alone. - Your arrogant, selfish and delusional. Your nothing... accept that truth and maybe you'll free yourself of the brainwashing you've endured.

Oh, I am something, because I have come to put my faith in Jesus Christ, which means I am a prince in the kingdom of God. I am royalty in the only kingdom that endures. You on the other hand don’t even believe in God, right? I mean, isn’t that something lower than even an animal? An animal doesn’t understand God or Jesus Christ, but you actively choose to reject Him. Animals may populate the kingdom of God when they die, I don’t know. But you’re going to burn in hell when your temporal decision to reject Christ becomes permanent in the single enduring moment called eternity. You are, quite literally, damned.

Frankly, I’d rather be arrogant, selfish, and delusional.

Quote:I’m here to provide evidence God exists. You’re an athiest. - You spelled atheist wrong. You have no tangible evidence for the existance of a God. This evidence is somthing you cannot provide so your at a dead end on this evidence of God stuff.

In the quote above, um…excuse me, but you spelled “existence” wrong. Oh, and “something.” You spelled it like a backwoods redneck who dropped out of the fourth grade cuz you thought it was all a bunch-o-bullshit. I knew you’d want me to tell you. No thanks required. Then again, maybe pointing out spelling mistakes in a rapidly evolving forum topic just means you’re out of ammo. What do you think?

(19-12-2011 05:09 PM)kim Wrote:  Why? Why would you like to prevent that for as many people as possible? Is there some sort of a commission?

Maybe the non-theists' roll in your god's "plan" is to be separated from him. Maybe some of us like the idea that we might be simply biological mechanisms being pushed around by the contingencies of a chaotic universe. What's it to you? Who are you to tell another what to think?

I’m a fisherman.

Quote: And ... wouldn't you be fucking up your god's all important, "plan"? Unless of course, you also know what your god wants.

Smile Welcome to the forum.

Thanks. Glad to be here with my new warm and loving friends. To show you how much I appreciate being here, I’ll let you in on a little secret: No one was created to burn in hell. So, why not jump on board, get with the program, hit one home for team and all that. Why give hell another soul?

Okay. Existence requires observation. Since the universe had to exist before there was conscious physical life in it, there must have been a conscious non-physical life observing it to hold it in existence. That consciousness we call God.Idea
Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2011, 01:43 AM
(20-12-2011 01:09 AM)kim Wrote:  
(20-12-2011 12:04 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
Burnt Impressions

Smile That is the coolest thing I've ever seen!

I like that all of the front page pics are of a religious bent and then at the bottom there's a MaryJane leaf! That is funny shit.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 3 users Like aurora's post
20-12-2011, 01:52 AM
(20-12-2011 01:42 AM)Egor Wrote:  Okay. Existence requires observation. Since the universe had to exist before there was conscious physical life in it, there must have been a conscious non-physical life observing it to hold it in existence. That consciousness we call God.Idea

1. If I say existence requires observation, then it does.
2. I say existence requires observation.
3. I see that I exist and so does the world around me.
4. Therefore God observed it and brought it into being.
5. Therefore, God exists.

Idea If I say you're nuts, then you are Wink

OK. Now how do you make the leap from Observer God to God who wants to fry people for having sex before some arbitrary institution called marriage? Or swearing?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post