Hello Atheists of Thought

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2011, 02:07 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2011 02:11 AM by Buddy Christ.)
RE: Hello Atheists of Thought
(20-12-2011 01:42 AM)Egor Wrote:  Okay. Existence requires observation.

That's a rather large assumption to just be tossing around. Consider a rock in space 5 million miles away. Say it has never been observed by a conscious entity and never will. So if existence is simply the collection of sensory perceptions, does this mean the rock doesn't exist? Because I can assure you there are numerous such rocks that fit that exact scenario.

Quote:Since the universe had to exist before there was conscious physical life in it, there must have been a conscious non-physical life observing it to hold it in existence.

-And another giant assumption to be using as your logical jumping off platform. How do we know it had to exist before consciousness? How do we know that consciousness, time, space, and existence didn't all just come to be simultaneously?

Quote:That consciousness we call God.

-No, you don't. Last I checked, churches weren't teaching the divine teachings of metaphysical force whose only known attribute is consciousness.

You can't just change the equation of God = ? to fit your needs. God, your God, is a personal, anthropomorphic, telepathic man (made in his image) who sent his zombie child to die to cure us of the disease we got when a woman made from a ribcage ate a magic apple from a talking snake.

Any person with a fraction of logic can immediately deduce that your god is a man-made fairy tale.

Welcome to the forum. These "theist conversion crusades" into our forum usually only last a day or two, but they're entertaining enough.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Buddy Christ's post
20-12-2011, 02:10 AM
Quote: Quote: 2) Whose belief on free will do you adhere to? Augustine and Pelagius?

I agree more with Pelagius.

Quote:To show you how much I appreciate being here, I’ll let you in on a little secret: No one was created to burn in hell.

Bummer, dude. You just lost your one Theist friend on here.Sad

It's ok, KC, we'll find another one for you to play with.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
20-12-2011, 02:14 AM
(20-12-2011 01:42 AM)Egor Wrote:  
Quote:Few questions:

1) Do you believe in an inerrant Bible?
I believe the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are inerrant. I believe the Old Testament is useful as an historical background for the Gospels, and that the rest of the New Testament is commentary on the Gospels by early Christian writers.

(19-12-2011 01:04 PM)ddrew Wrote:  I’m here to provide evidence God exists. You’re an athiest. - You spelled atheist wrong. You have no tangible evidence for the existance of a God. This evidence is somthing you cannot provide so your at a dead end on this evidence of God stuff.

In the quote above, um…excuse me, but you spelled “existence” wrong. Oh, and “something.” You spelled it like a backwoods redneck who dropped out of the fourth grade cuz you thought it was all a bunch-o-bullshit. I knew you’d want me to tell you. No thanks required. Then again, maybe pointing out spelling mistakes in a rapidly evolving forum topic just means you’re out of ammo. What do you think?

Yeah yeah..... i'm the resident drunk... and the slurrrr reaches my typing with no doubt.

but back to your claim of the gospels being inerrant... let's take a closer look...

I believe the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are inerrant. I believe the Old Testament is useful as an historical background for the Gospels, and that the rest of the New Testament is commentary on the Gospels by early Christian writers.

Okay pay attention to this.... and that the rest of the New Testament is commentary on the Gospels by early Christian writers.

Okay we know that these commentaries on the gospels are mostly written by St. Paul... followed by Timothy, Peter and John.. and of course Luke who supposedly wrote the book of Acts.

In all of these commentaries... nobody mentions anything about Mary or Joseph ... Paul has no clue as to Jesus's life when it comes to his miracles.. such as walking on water .. turning water to wine.. healing the blind.. driving the "legion" of demons into the pigs... and he knows nothing of the ressurection of Lazarus... and so on. Paul, Timothy, Peter and John in their epistles are clueless as too what was said in the gospels... don't test me in this because I've read the New Testament 4 times over... ... sober... and I was astounded by the errors in all 4 gospels and the lack of support by the epistles that followed.

Your Jesus is false... your ideas are flawed... you are delusional.. .. fuckin' Jesus wasn't his real name... back to your studies...

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 4 users Like ddrew's post
20-12-2011, 07:04 AM
Quote: I’ll let you in on a little secret: No one was created to burn in hell. So, why not jump on board, get with the program, hit one home for team and all that. Why give hell another soul?

My cousin can make coins disappear and he says that unless you send me all your money, you will spend your entire after-death eternity in a basement in Somalia.
You were not created to go there, it's entirely up to you.

Hint: My cousin really exists and so does the basement in Somalia.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 2 users Like Malleus's post
20-12-2011, 08:13 AM
(20-12-2011 02:10 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
Quote: Quote: 2) Whose belief on free will do you adhere to? Augustine and Pelagius?

I agree more with Pelagius.

Quote:To show you how much I appreciate being here, I’ll let you in on a little secret: No one was created to burn in hell.

Bummer, dude. You just lost your one Theist friend on here.Sad

It's ok, KC, we'll find another one for you to play with.

[Image: sad-puppy.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 5 users Like kingschosen's post
20-12-2011, 08:29 AM
D'awwww. Egads! Must... stroke... puppy...
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
20-12-2011, 08:38 AM
(20-12-2011 08:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  D'awwww. Egads! Must... stroke... puppy...

MD, don't look into his eyes or else you'l...Awwwww, wook at da cewt widdle puuppppieeee!!!

Dammit, KC, now you make me wanna reconvert when you look at me like that.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
20-12-2011, 11:03 AM
(20-12-2011 08:13 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  [Image: sad-puppy.jpg]

Damnit. I looked into it's eyes.

Awwwwwwwwwhh.. pets the puppy

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
20-12-2011, 11:52 AM

Will someone please pet that puppy before I go crazy! And pet him hard, so he can feel it. Then give him a treat, for Christ's sake. Somebody...quick!

PS.

I'll answer Buddy Christ in a new post in the forum called, "Egor's Proof of God" later tonight.
Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2011, 12:30 PM
That puppy picture is simply the greatest puppy picture I have ever seen.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post