Hello Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2012, 10:49 AM
RE: Hello Atheists
Excl
So, let me get the straight;

First a "Christian" asks us a bunch of questions (I thought of them as quite silly to be honest) and seemingly has never checked back, then the thread derailed and snowballed almost immediately into an argument between several members (like a train, filled with bickering children, got pushed off it's tracks and onto the side of a steep, snow covered mountain.) The Snowball encased thread-train then hit a dog show at some point on it's way down and as a result upside down dogs started to be posted....

Is that an accurate summation of proceedings so far?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
04-08-2012, 11:17 AM
(04-08-2012 10:49 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Excl
So, let me get the straight;

First a "Christian" asks us a bunch of questions (I thought of them as quite silly to be honest) and seemingly has never checked back, then the thread derailed and snowballed almost immediately into an argument between several members (like a train, filled with bickering children, got pushed off it's tracks and onto the side of a steep, snow covered mountain.) The Snowball encased thread-train then hit a dog show at some point on it's way down and as a result upside down dogs started to be posted....

Is that an accurate summation of proceedings so far?

Par for the course here at TTA Tongue No regrets really, apart from the fact that the OP if she did ever read the thread probably had every bad thing she's ever been told about atheists confirmed Big Grin

Lol @ "The Snowball encased thread-train then hit a dog show at some point on it's way down" Laughat
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
04-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Alright, I here by declare this upside down dog thread.

[Image: calli-pug-the-pug-dog1.jpg]

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
05-08-2012, 10:04 AM
(30-07-2012 09:18 PM)The Only Christian Here Wrote:  why do Atheists feel the need to disprove the existence of God? Since you don't believe in God why not just put the thought out of your mind, why spend time and energy thinking of ways to prove He doesn't exist?

It's hard to ignore it when it IS what we believe, and there are posters and billboards and radio ads and tv commercials everywhere throwing the exact thing we don't believe in at us. My fight against theism started after I grew out of the beliefs and dogma that I was taught as a young child. I hate the fact that I lost so much of my childhood being told that no matter who I am, I'm not good enough, but if I'm lucky, maybe "God" will have mercy on me when I die...

Realizing I was an atheist was quite a revelation in my life. I finally realized and felt that I was in control of my life. I'm not pre-destined for anything, which means I can choose my own destiny! I'm in control.

publius2k4

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
[Image: tumblr_lvj8iyIABB1r2fzujo1_500.gif]
[+] 2 users Like publius2k4's post
05-08-2012, 02:08 PM
[Image: kkpbmv7axfqu54vjioxv0cobo1_400.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
05-08-2012, 02:39 PM
(05-08-2012 02:08 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  [Image: kkpbmv7axfqu54vjioxv0cobo1_400.jpg]

Urgh... this one's just disturbing...
05-08-2012, 02:45 PM
(05-08-2012 02:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-08-2012 02:08 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  [Image: kkpbmv7axfqu54vjioxv0cobo1_400.jpg]

Urgh... this one's just disturbing...

How about we switch to upside-down theists?Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
05-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Hello Atheists
(05-08-2012 02:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-08-2012 02:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  Urgh... this one's just disturbing...

How about we switch to upside-down theists?Consider

Sounds redundant. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
05-08-2012, 03:50 PM
We flail our mind penises at one another...

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
05-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Hello Atheists
Oh. It was supposed to just be our mind penis? Oops. So embarrassed.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post