Hello :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Music Hello :D
Hello fellow logical thinking people Smile

I'm 17 years old, I am from Denmark and I have been an atheist/antitheist Evil_monster since I was 5 and before that I was an agnostic.
I'm studying mathematics and physics at the moment so I can study physics at a university in 2 years Smile

I'm looking forward to a great time here ^_^
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2012, 05:21 PM
RE: Hello :D
(02-04-2012 05:17 PM)reindeer Wrote:  Hello fellow logical thinking people Smile

I'm 17 years old, I am from Denmark and I have been an atheist/antitheist Evil_monster since I was 5 and before that I was an agnostic.
I'm studying mathematics and physics at the moment so I can study physics at a university in 2 years Smile

I'm looking forward to a great time here ^_^
I LOVE Denmark! It's a great place, I got family there so I've been a few times Smile.

Whereabouts are you from, and how secular is society? I hear it's one of the most secular places on Earth, is that true in your experience.

Welcome to TTA by the way Smile.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
02-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Hi reindeer!! Being from Denmark I wonder when you really got exposed to religion? I'm also wondering hwat has convinced you to take a hard lned approach (by the suggestion of anti-theist). I actually am the same way but I've lived with it my whole life. Just wanting to hear a bit more about yourself. don't mind me =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
02-04-2012, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2012 05:51 PM by reindeer.)
@Hughsie I actually was exposed at religion when I was 4 but I learned about the big bang when I was 5 and I have put my trust on big bang because it sound more logical in my opinion Smile and about the seculation here well the state isn't influenced at any point by any religion even though we have a ministry of churches and they are actually thinking about making it a ministry of religion entirely though they actually don't have any power they are just going to manage the holy buildings they have.

@Lilith Pride Just ask me about anything, and the reason that I am an antitheist is that I am against the idea of a god's existance and we should stop wasting our precious time on it
02-04-2012, 06:32 PM
I pretty much feel the same on the whole issue. Is your family religious? That's pretty early to be exposed otherwise. I don't mind church officials debating on their things as long as they only discuss church business and not the country itsself. They are still rather prominent so there is a certain amount of power I can understand them having.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
02-04-2012, 06:37 PM
(02-04-2012 06:32 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I pretty much feel the same on the whole issue. Is your family religious? That's pretty early to be exposed otherwise. I don't mind church officials debating on their things as long as they only discuss church business and not the country itsself. They are still rather prominent so there is a certain amount of power I can understand them having.
Actually my brother is an atheist too and my mom is atheist or agnostic Smile all my friends and classmates are agnostics or atheists for escept one person that is like one of the more hardline christians in Denmark. He's going to church every sunday, is against gay marriage because of the bible and is going to a christian club where he talks about christianity with people his/my age.

one funny thing about that guy is that he denies being religious >.< he have said that he believes in what the bible says, god the almighty and he is christian but still denies being religious which have made me and a lot of my friends have a good laugh about because by definition is he religious and not just religious but really religious compared to the average danish citizen Wink
02-04-2012, 06:45 PM
I wish culture went that way in the US, last time I mentioned my stance in public before moving the person I was talking to looked around to make sure no one was listening in =p

03-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Hi there.

Hopefully, you're just anti-theism and not anti-theist.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
03-04-2012, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 10:20 AM by reindeer.)
(03-04-2012 09:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hi there.

Well I am both.
I am against the existence of a god and I also think that religion destroys society and free expression.
(02-04-2012 06:45 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I wish culture went that way in the US, last time I mentioned my stance in public before moving the person I was talking to looked around to make sure no one was listening in =p
Sounds horrible D: I would have a hard time keeping my mouth shut hence I always talk >_>
03-04-2012, 10:17 AM
(03-04-2012 10:12 AM)reindeer Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 09:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hi there.

Well I am both.
I am against the existence of a god and I also think that religion destroys society and free expression.
(02-04-2012 06:45 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I wish culture went that way in the US, last time I mentioned my stance in public before moving the person I was talking to looked around to make sure no one was listening in =p
Sounds horrible D: I would have a hard time keeping my mouth shut hence I always talk >_>

Being anti-theist means you are against theists. Being anti-theism means you are against theism.

This is why I said I hope you're anti-theism and not anti-theist.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]