Hello Everyone!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Hello Everyone!
Hi, I'm Russ from Silverdale, WA. I little about me: I have never been actively religious during my lifetime. I remember my mom sending me to Sunday school (Baptist) a couple of times, and I remember thinking "How do they know what really happened all that time ago? Plus, I thought the stories were pretty far fetched. My immediate family was not particularly religious, I don't remember us ever attending a regular Sunday service. Despite all of that, it was only last September that I finally admitted to myself that I didn't believe. Now I'm not out there jamming it down peoples throats, but if the topic comes up...
Consciously acknowledging what I knew in my heart to be true was a very liberating expirience. Quite the "weight lifting from my shoulders" sensation. Now I KNOW that I am responsible for, and answerable to, only myself!
Next on the agenda is to keep my militancy in check. After that, maybe find some like minded individuals in my area and organize some public service to show that the "godless" care about others and the community. I'm also looking forward to discussing many topics here. I'm anxious to hear all of your opinions on capital punishment, abortion, etc. Talk to you soon, I hope!

Free at Last, Free at Last,
Great Me Almighty
I'm Free at Last!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2011, 10:50 PM
RE: Hello Everyone!
(08-05-2011 10:02 PM)Russell G. Wrote:  Now I KNOW that I am responsible for, and answerable to, only myself!
If there would be only ONE thing that is important for our future then it's this!

Welcome Russ!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
09-05-2011, 01:41 AM
Welcome Russ,

Looking forward to reading some of your posts.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 1 user Likes Thammuz's post
09-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Welcome to TTA! We're glad to have you here and if you have any questions feel free to private message me. Abortion and capital punishment sound like a great discussion. By the way... tell your friends about the forums.

The fish who keeps on swimming is the first to chill upstream.
[+] 1 user Likes Snuff's post
11-05-2011, 02:11 AM
Thank you all for the welcome! Hope i clicked the correct reply button. I was going to reply to each of you personally but the reply button in each of your posts opened up a reply window with a bunch of hypertexty lookinn' stuff. I'm pretty good with HTML but new to blog posting - I'll get it figgered out! Thanks again, I'm going to poke around and participate in some other threads and start a few too.

Free at Last, Free at Last,
Great Me Almighty
I'm Free at Last!