Hello Everyone.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2016, 04:47 AM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2016 06:25 AM by Gloucester.)
Hello Everyone.
Hello peeps!

This may be a repeat, sort of, that appears elsewhere - got a tad confused in the intro system.

I am an almost (October) 72 yo retired senior Jack-of-all-trades design and development lab tech for an engineering company. Still fairly active mentally and physically, despite living mainly due to a very clever electronic implant and some strong chemistry.

Interests include archaeology, archive research, DIY, mucking about with science, keeping up with technology, gadgets (I LOVE gadgets!), photography and whatever else catches my attention. I enjoy writing when I have an excuse, was editor of village magazine for 7 years, so also editing and proofreading also feature - doing that job, pro bono, for a local author at the moment. Also enjoy lunches out with friends.

Born an atheist and never got infected. In fact I was, sort of, expelled from Sunday School at age 10 - asked too many awkward questions. Discovered Humanism a couple of years later and consider myself an aspiring humanist. Member of The Happy Atheist and Think Humanism forums, the latter a bit quiet these days.

Book interests: about a library's worth of sci-fi every year, thank The Noodly One for bestowing ebooks on us! Plus books of photograsphs and on art anf design, despite having few real skills in the art department.

Looking forward you meeting you all and being an active member. A whole new audience for my lousy jokes!

Dave
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
17-08-2016, 05:21 AM
RE: Hello Everyone.
Greetings! Welcome aboard!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
17-08-2016, 05:24 AM
You sound like you'll fit right in, here. Welcome!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
17-08-2016, 05:28 AM
(17-08-2016 04:47 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  ...
This may be a repeat, sort of, that appears elsewhere - got a tad confused in the intro system.

No worries. It was easily tidied up.

Welcome to TTA.

Thumbsup

17-08-2016, 05:47 AM
Welcome.

I used to live in Gloucester and my in-laws are there so I still visit from time to time.

Cheers

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
17-08-2016, 05:52 AM
Welcome Gloucester. Remarkable life story.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
17-08-2016, 06:09 AM
Hello! Big Grin
17-08-2016, 06:22 AM
Cheers, folks.

Feeling my way around but I'll get there ... sometime!

Sorry, in advance, for any typos. I have problems with this tablet's on-screen keyboard, thickish fingers and a small sight problem. I try to capture the errant letters and convert them to rationality, but some escape. I use a plug-in keyboard for any long or serious posts.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
17-08-2016, 06:23 AM
Welcome, and greetings from the Emerald Isle.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
17-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Welcome!