Hello Everyone!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2017, 09:34 PM
Hello Everyone!
Hi everyone, my name is Scarlet. I am an 18 year old high school student. I also a writer, gamer, and freethinker, always studying to learn something. I am currently working with some of my friends at my school to start a club called the Alternative Theologies club. Though, I call it by the name I originally came up with, Disfellowship club. It is a club that discusses many different theologies from an unbiased viewpoint in an effort to educate and show people alternatives to what may be the norm around them. It was also created as an alternative to my school's Christian Fellowship club. I am excited to start this club at my school, and our first meeting will be on LaVeyan Satanism. That is something I am very excited to teach about. I just thought I would that here as a way to help introduce myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like ScarletStormBreaker's post
09-01-2017, 10:01 PM
RE: Hello Everyone!
Welcome

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Hello! Big Grin
09-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Welcome!
09-01-2017, 10:14 PM
Greetings Smile

That club sounds fun. Have you seen much interest in it yet?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
09-01-2017, 10:15 PM
Welcome to the forum. I hope that the club is a hit and the school administration doesn't do anything foolish.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
09-01-2017, 10:27 PM
Looks like you have discovered that religion doesn't work for you at a young age. Welcome!
09-01-2017, 10:38 PM
Thank you everyone for the welcoming, it is appreciated. I truly hope the administration at my school will say yes to the club. Before writing up the paperwork I already found people who would join the club and a teacher who would supervise it for us. Today was the meeting to discuss who would have what position in the club(president, vice president, etc.) and start working on the paperwork and approval letter. Next Wednesday is when we finish everything and it gets submitted for approval. So far, I have five or six other people who want to be a part of the club.
[+] 5 users Like ScarletStormBreaker's post
09-01-2017, 11:00 PM
Welcome! Best of luck on the club Smile

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
09-01-2017, 11:00 PM
Welcome, and best of luck with your school club. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post