Hello Everyone!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2017, 11:01 PM
RE: Hello Everyone!
(09-01-2017 11:00 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Welcome, and best of luck with your school club. Smile

Wow, our minds are like connected haha

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
09-01-2017, 11:56 PM
Wow, that sounds like a great idea. Hope it works out.

Religious people are usually ALL about "religious freedom" to teach their stuff in schools until the Satanists show up and want the same thing. It's the most brilliant disestablishment weapon I've seen in defense of the Wall.

You might want to drop a contact email to the Freedom From Religion Foundation to let them know what you're doing. They may have some good advice and will be there if you need them; they have a long history of helping with such efforts at the highschool level.

Best of luck to you, and welcome to TTA. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
10-01-2017, 12:06 AM
(09-01-2017 11:56 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Wow, that sounds like a great idea. Hope it works out.

Religious people are usually ALL about "religious freedom" to teach their stuff in schools until the Satanists show up and want the same thing. It's the most brilliant disestablishment weapon I've seen in defense of the Wall.

You might want to drop a contact email to the Freedom From Religion Foundation to let them know what you're doing. They may have some good advice and will be there if you need them; they have a long history of helping with such efforts at the highschool level.

Thank you so much for the welcoming, encouragement and advice. It is greatly appreciated. I live in a rather liberal part of the United States, so my hopes are a bit higher that my club will be approved. But, you never know. I've struggled a lot throughout high school, so I'm hoping to use this club as a great send off before I graduate. I want to show I made a contribution to my school. Smile
[+] 2 users Like ScarletStormBreaker's post
10-01-2017, 12:13 AM
(10-01-2017 12:06 AM)ScarletStormBreaker Wrote:  
(09-01-2017 11:56 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Wow, that sounds like a great idea. Hope it works out.

Thank you so much for the welcoming, encouragement and advice. It is greatly appreciated. I live in a rather liberal part of the United States, so my hopes are a bit higher that my club will be approved. But, you never know. I've struggled a lot throughout high school, so I'm hoping to use this club as a great send off before I graduate. I want to show I made a contribution to my school. Smile

It's like a real life episode of Glee, only you won't be breaking into song.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
10-01-2017, 12:15 AM
(10-01-2017 12:13 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 12:06 AM)ScarletStormBreaker Wrote:  Thank you so much for the welcoming, encouragement and advice. It is greatly appreciated. I live in a rather liberal part of the United States, so my hopes are a bit higher that my club will be approved. But, you never know. I've struggled a lot throughout high school, so I'm hoping to use this club as a great send off before I graduate. I want to show I made a contribution to my school. Smile

It's like a real life episode of Glee, only you won't be breaking into song.

I've actually never watched an episode of Glee. Tongue
10-01-2017, 12:16 AM
(10-01-2017 12:15 AM)ScarletStormBreaker Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 12:13 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  It's like a real life episode of Glee, only you won't be breaking into song.

I've actually never watched an episode of Glee. Tongue

It's a good show in my opinion, I recommend giving it a try.

10-01-2017, 12:20 AM
(10-01-2017 12:16 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 12:15 AM)ScarletStormBreaker Wrote:  I've actually never watched an episode of Glee. Tongue

It's a good show in my opinion, I recommend giving it a try.

I might give it a shot. Most of what I watch is either YouTube stuff, anime or adult cartoons like South Park or Bojack Horseman. I also watch a lot of documentaries and Science Channel stuff. So, I guess I'm kind of lost when it comes to what the "mainstream" watches. TongueWink
[+] 2 users Like ScarletStormBreaker's post
10-01-2017, 12:30 AM
(10-01-2017 12:20 AM)ScarletStormBreaker Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 12:16 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  It's a good show in my opinion, I recommend giving it a try.

I might give it a shot. Most of what I watch is either YouTube stuff, anime or adult cartoons like South Park or Bojack Horseman. I also watch a lot of documentaries and Science Channel stuff. So, I guess I'm kind of lost when it comes to what the "mainstream" watches. TongueWink

That's a pretty good selection.

10-01-2017, 12:31 AM
(10-01-2017 12:30 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 12:20 AM)ScarletStormBreaker Wrote:  I might give it a shot. Most of what I watch is either YouTube stuff, anime or adult cartoons like South Park or Bojack Horseman. I also watch a lot of documentaries and Science Channel stuff. So, I guess I'm kind of lost when it comes to what the "mainstream" watches. TongueWink

That's a pretty good selection.

Thank you, I really like to learn. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes ScarletStormBreaker's post
10-01-2017, 12:34 AM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post