Hello Everyone!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2017, 12:57 AM
RE: Hello Everyone!
(25-01-2017 12:48 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 12:42 AM)ScarletStormBreaker Wrote:  They think it's a Satanic Club because they found out I said I would do a presentation on LaVeyan Santanism, a "religion" that I am rather fond of. I figure if they aren't going to go up and ask me about it, it's not my problem. I've already been told by people before I sacrifice goats. And, me being the smartass I am I said "No, every time I try they run away."

Haha, that clever wit I have often gets me in trouble.

This is why we like you.

It is nice to be liked among a community like this. I'm not a person with much of a real social life, so little things like that make my day. I initially felt a bit nervous about joining forums like this, thinking that at my age I wouldn't have much to offer.

It's alright to laugh at me, I've been laughing at myself for years.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2017, 01:02 AM
(25-01-2017 12:57 AM)ScarletStormBreaker Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 12:48 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  This is why we like you.

It is nice to be liked among a community like this. I'm not a person with much of a real social life, so little things like that make my day. I initially felt a bit nervous about joining forums like this, thinking that at my age I wouldn't have much to offer.

Honestly, I was and still kind of am the same way, I grew up with depression and anxiety so making friends was nearly impossible for me. I was so scared of joining because this was my first forum I ever joined and meeting new people was scary to me but after almost 3 years here I do not regret it. I met a lot of amazing people from all over the world, suckered a few of them into being friends with me Tongue

You have plenty to offer, chatting with you has been very fun and I can say I am glad you decided to take the leap!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
25-01-2017, 01:11 AM
(25-01-2017 01:02 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 12:57 AM)ScarletStormBreaker Wrote:  It is nice to be liked among a community like this. I'm not a person with much of a real social life, so little things like that make my day. I initially felt a bit nervous about joining forums like this, thinking that at my age I wouldn't have much to offer.

Honestly, I was and still kind of am the same way, I grew up with depression and anxiety so making friends was nearly impossible for me. I was so scared of joining because this was my first forum I ever joined and meeting new people was scary to me but after almost 3 years here I do not regret it. I met a lot of amazing people from all over the world, suckered a few of them into being friends with me Tongue

You have plenty to offer, chatting with you has been very fun and I can say I am glad you decided to take the leap!
Thank you! I have pretty bad anxiety and depression myself. I used to withdraw myself from everyone thinking I didn't deserve to have friends, because they always left me. So, I have a hard time trying to make friends. I also feel intimidated and more lonely within groups of people, so when I would get invited to join people in groups I would soon leave. I would try to talk to people, but I never wanted to interrupt people, and didn't talk loud enough to properly jump into conversations. So, at lunches for example, I then sit outside of the cafeteria, keeping a good distance between myself and the people around me.

[+] 1 user Likes ScarletStormBreaker's post
25-01-2017, 01:16 AM
(25-01-2017 01:11 AM)ScarletStormBreaker Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 01:02 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Honestly, I was and still kind of am the same way, I grew up with depression and anxiety so making friends was nearly impossible for me. I was so scared of joining because this was my first forum I ever joined and meeting new people was scary to me but after almost 3 years here I do not regret it. I met a lot of amazing people from all over the world, suckered a few of them into being friends with me Tongue

Thank you! I have pretty bad anxiety and depression myself. I used to withdraw myself from everyone thinking I didn't deserve to have friends, because they always left me. So, I have a hard time trying to make friends. I also feel intimidated and more lonely within groups of people, so when I would get invited to join people in groups I would soon leave. I would try to talk to people, but I never wanted to interrupt people, and didn't talk loud enough to properly jump into conversations. So, at lunches for example, I then sit outside of the cafeteria, keeping a good distance between myself and the people around me.

It's like I am talking to me lol. It's difficult but you deserve friends, you're a great person, at least from what I have gathered so far and anyone would be lucky to have you as a friend. You will have friends here if you ever need them, including me.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
25-01-2017, 01:23 AM
(25-01-2017 01:16 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 01:11 AM)ScarletStormBreaker Wrote:  Thank you! I have pretty bad anxiety and depression myself. I used to withdraw myself from everyone thinking I didn't deserve to have friends, because they always left me. So, I have a hard time trying to make friends. I also feel intimidated and more lonely within groups of people, so when I would get invited to join people in groups I would soon leave. I would try to talk to people, but I never wanted to interrupt people, and didn't talk loud enough to properly jump into conversations. So, at lunches for example, I then sit outside of the cafeteria, keeping a good distance between myself and the people around me.

It's like I am talking to me lol. It's difficult but you deserve friends, you're a great person, at least from what I have gathered so far and anyone would be lucky to have you as a friend. You will have friends here if you ever need them, including me.
Thank you, that's really kind of you to say. I honestly try not to rely on people much, I'm a very stubborn person. Haha, I'm so bad at accepting compliments too I almost blushed reading that. That's totally not confusing to people in person..

25-01-2017, 01:25 AM
(25-01-2017 01:23 AM)ScarletStormBreaker Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 01:16 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  It's like I am talking to me lol. It's difficult but you deserve friends, you're a great person, at least from what I have gathered so far and anyone would be lucky to have you as a friend. You will have friends here if you ever need them, including me.
Thank you, that's really kind of you to say. I honestly try not to rely on people much, I'm a very stubborn person. Haha, I'm so bad at accepting compliments too I almost blushed reading that. That's totally not confusing to people in person..

Well no not relying on people but you can't do everything alone either, just needs that perfect balance. Haha whoops, my bad. Big Grin

25-01-2017, 01:31 AM
(25-01-2017 01:25 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 01:23 AM)ScarletStormBreaker Wrote:  Thank you, that's really kind of you to say. I honestly try not to rely on people much, I'm a very stubborn person. Haha, I'm so bad at accepting compliments too I almost blushed reading that. That's totally not confusing to people in person..

Well no not relying on people but you can't do everything alone either, just needs that perfect balance. Haha whoops, my bad. Big Grin

If I'm being completely honest, I often forget that balance. I'm like those little kids "But, mommy I wanna do it myself.." at times. That certainly gets me in trouble at times. And, haha it's not your fault, it's one of my quirks.

25-01-2017, 01:37 AM
(25-01-2017 01:31 AM)ScarletStormBreaker Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 01:25 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Well no not relying on people but you can't do everything alone either, just needs that perfect balance. Haha whoops, my bad. Big Grin

If I'm being completely honest, I often forget that balance. I'm like those little kids "But, mommy I wanna do it myself.." at times. That certainly gets me in trouble at times. And, haha it's not your fault, it's one of my quirks.

But it also helps, if you didn't have that can do attitude you may not have started your club.

25-01-2017, 01:39 AM
(25-01-2017 01:37 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 01:31 AM)ScarletStormBreaker Wrote:  If I'm being completely honest, I often forget that balance. I'm like those little kids "But, mommy I wanna do it myself.." at times. That certainly gets me in trouble at times. And, haha it's not your fault, it's one of my quirks.

But it also helps, if you didn't have that can do attitude you may not have started your club.
You're probably right, starting that club took half the school year. And, being a senior this year, that sucks.

25-01-2017, 01:42 AM
(25-01-2017 01:39 AM)ScarletStormBreaker Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 01:37 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  But it also helps, if you didn't have that can do attitude you may not have started your club.
You're probably right, starting that club took half the school year. And, being a senior this year, that sucks.

It will benefit soooo many people though. Wish many more people like you would put in work like that.

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post