Hello Folks - From Turkey -

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Hello Folks - From Turkey -
I learned this community a long time ago.Watched plenty of videos which are from here.But i have just signed up and i am introducing myself today unfortunately.

I live in Istanbul , I am from Middle East so normally i guess you wonder the current situation.There is a war in Syria and our islamist goverment sends weapon to fundemantalist islamist groups.Turkey is a secular country still if you compare with other Middle Eastern countries but we have an Islamist goverment and half of the population supports them.In former Turkey , secularism was solid but maybe we will be an Islamic country in future.Most of the Atheist / Secular people in Turkey try to go European Countries & US , Canada.So me too.

I am from muslim origin but my family is secular.They are not atheist but they are non-religious and of course they know my atheistic views.I was believing Islam when i became an atheist 2-3 years ago.But i was believing in Islam nominally.I have never gone to mosque for praying or something like that..Anyway , if you have questions about Middle East or Turkey.I will willingly answer them.

Have a good day !
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Audaz's post
21-01-2014, 12:58 PM
RE: Hello Folks - From Turkey -
Welcome to the forum.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
21-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Welcome!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
21-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Welcome! I paid a visit to Turkey many years ago, a beautiful country. I live in Europe and I heard that the Turkish government is in trouble due to a corruption scandal, and I also thought that if there is a threat to Turkey's secular status, like the gradual introduction of sharia law, the army will intervene. Is this still the case?

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
21-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Glad to have you here fellow noobSmile
21-01-2014, 01:56 PM
Welcome to the forum, Audaz! Thouhg I don't have a question in relation to Turkey or the Middle East, I do have one that pertains to your username: what does it mean? (:

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
21-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Guten Abend

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
21-01-2014, 03:49 PM
(21-01-2014 01:56 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Welcome to the forum, Audaz! Thouhg I don't have a question in relation to Turkey or the Middle East, I do have one that pertains to your username: what does it mean? (:

It means '' Hero '' in Spanish.

(21-01-2014 01:16 PM)Marozz Wrote:  Welcome! I paid a visit to Turkey many years ago, a beautiful country. I live in Europe and I heard that the Turkish government is in trouble due to a corruption scandal, and I also thought that if there is a threat to Turkey's secular status, like the gradual introduction of sharia law, the army will intervene. Is this still the case?

Same case without army.Army was ultra secular in past.For example in past at army ( military service is forced in turkey ) everbody had to say '' thank to god '' after dinner.You could not say Allah after dinner , burqa was illegal in army houses.But it is not like that now.The Islamist goverment took over army.So Coup d'état is impossible now.

(21-01-2014 02:10 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Guten Abend

Good night to you too
[+] 1 user Likes Audaz's post
22-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
28-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Welcome to the forum ! you did said in your introduction that Secular Turkish expatriate themselves from Turkey. Where do you want to go ?