Hello From NC!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2016, 11:24 AM
Hello From NC!
My name is Josh, and I am a 24 year old male who is the father of a beautiful 1 year old girl Heart I am an unbeliever who has relinquished my parent's Christian upbringing. I do have incredible respect, appreciation, and love for my parents regardless of how our beliefs differ. For me, turning away from Christianity has been extremely slow, stressful, and convoluted. I have always been one to ask questions incessantly. This personality trait along with fear of burning in hell were most likely the drivers for my renouncement of religion. The more I learned and the more I grew up, it was like I couldn't force myself to believe even though I tried. Eventually I stopped trying. Today, I am happy to say that I am blissfully unaware of the true nature of existence, open minded about it, and happy that I don't know shit, because that makes things more interesting!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jcroft777's post
03-01-2016, 12:02 PM
RE: Hello From NC!
Welcome, jcroft! Shy

03-01-2016, 12:03 PM
(03-01-2016 11:24 AM)jcroft777 Wrote:  My name is Josh, and I am a 24 year old male who is the father of a beautiful 1 year old girl Heart I am an unbeliever who has relinquished my parent's Christian upbringing. I do have incredible respect, appreciation, and love for my parents regardless of how our beliefs differ. For me, turning away from Christianity has been extremely slow, stressful, and convoluted. I have always been one to ask questions incessantly. This personality trait along with fear of burning in hell were most likely the drivers for my renouncement of religion. The more I learned and the more I grew up, it was like I couldn't force myself to believe even though I tried. Eventually I stopped trying. Today, I am happy to say that I am blissfully unaware of the true nature of existence, open minded about it, and happy that I don't know shit, because that makes things more interesting!!

Welcome!

Yeah, it's alright to say we don't know and some imaginary god does not have to be the fill-in answer to the unknown. You will hopefully have many decades to enjoy your new found freedom of unbelief. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
03-01-2016, 12:05 PM
Welcome!
03-01-2016, 12:42 PM
Glad you're here. Offering support after leaving a religious community is one of our most important roles here, I think. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
03-01-2016, 12:55 PM
Hang in there Josh. Life gets easier as time goes by. I am almost 70 and that has been my experience, any way! I went to church owned schools and one brother is now a preacher and a sister married one, but of different brands. And I wandered off into the desert of nothingness on the God front. Confusion was mine for a few years there.
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
03-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Welcome aboard!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
03-01-2016, 11:27 PM
Hello! Big Grin