Hello, From Nairobi Kenya

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2014, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2014 10:42 AM by Sylogic.)
Hello, From Nairobi Kenya
Hi all,

I am 29 years old man from Kenya, a country where being an atheist is almost unheard of. Personally I haven't met an openly atheist person in all my life.

I have been an atheist for the past one year but I can say that my faith in Christianity gradually faded for the last six years or so. Currently I am still in the closet, that's why I am not disclosing my real name here, only my close friends know that I constantly criticize religion and other superstitions. I haven't come out to them directly as an atheist but I am still figuring a way is of doing so that sucks the least.

For the past one month I have been listening to The Thinking Atheist podcasts and have been a great inspiration to my life (that's how I discovered this forum). Thank you Seth Andrews, because of you I now feel more proud to be an atheist.

Peace.

People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs. Follow me on Twitter @Sylogics Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Sylogic's post
11-10-2014, 10:13 AM
RE: Hello, From Nairobi Kenya
Welcome!!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
11-10-2014, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2014 11:10 AM by Peebothuhul.)
At work.

HELLO!

I know of a fellow writing for the American Skeptic magazine. On phone atm, not realy able to do good search. When home will dig out copy and get name.

On another (Slightly name dropping Big Grin ) had the greatest pleasure in meeting said gentleman when I and they attended a convention put on by the Skeptical organization.

They publishe a piece in the magazine giving an ovrr view of 'How things appear on the ground' as things sre happening in their country and the surrounds.

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
11-10-2014, 11:43 AM
Welcome! I hope you have fun, here.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
11-10-2014, 11:53 AM
Thanks RobbyPants, I feel at home here.
(11-10-2014 11:43 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Welcome! I hope you have fun, here.

People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs. Follow me on Twitter @Sylogics Smile
11-10-2014, 12:02 PM
(11-10-2014 11:53 AM)Sylogic Wrote:  Thanks RobbyPants, I feel at home here.

Given what your home must feel like as an atheist I hope we can do better than that!
Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
11-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Hello, there.

Feel free to unload. You're among friends.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
11-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Thanks Minimalist Smile
(11-10-2014 01:36 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Hello, there.

Feel free to unload. You're among friends.

11-10-2014, 04:20 PM
Welcome!

It's good to see more atheists coming in from the more religious parts of the world. Really shows a global shift :3

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post