Hello, I'll be your dinner this evening

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2015, 04:12 PM
RE: Hello, I'll be your dinner this evening
(11-03-2015 07:09 PM)BnW Wrote:  I know they do this so you can see that it's fresh,

How do you know that what they serve you comes from what they show you?

Not that I'm an untrusting sort or anything....

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2015, 04:25 PM
(12-03-2015 03:04 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 07:09 PM)BnW Wrote:  So, I'm now on my way home from a long work day in New York. I ran late because my boss is in town so we had dinner. We went to this Greek place he loves that specializes in seafood. That's great for me, because I love fish.

Here's what I don't love: having a any kind of personal relationship with my food. That's why I was not at all happy when they brought the fish out on a plank for me before they cooked it. I know they do this so you can see that it's fresh, but to me it was just a dead fish on a plank. If I could tell a fresh dead fish fish from a non fresh dead fish, I'd probably be in the restaurant business.

Dinner was great, but I could have done without the personal introduction.

A vegetarian or vegan might argue that if you squirm at a live thing it is guilt and maybe you shouldn't do it. I am with you, I don't want to kill my own food, but it is a bit absurd for animal rights activists to think our omnivore evolution can be forced out of existence. Hunting is part of our evolution and even if one wants to argue better treatment of animals, which is fine, trying to stop all animal eating is nuts.

A fish feels pain just like a cow or pig. But if anyone thinks I am going to stop eating steak or bacon, they have another thing coming.

Eating one another is the very nature of this planet. (I suspect it's the same, throughout the universe.)

Unless you can put down roots into the soil, and take nourishment by converting inorganic minerals into energy by photosynthesis, you're going to have to eat another living thing.

Those who claim moral superiority by eating only plants are not morally superior, but deluded and guilty of "speciesism". That is, they consider themselves to be innocent for eating something that can not squirm, squeal or bleed when they do it.

Fucking wankers, the lot of them....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-03-2015, 04:40 PM
(12-03-2015 04:25 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 03:04 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  A vegetarian or vegan might argue that if you squirm at a live thing it is guilt and maybe you shouldn't do it. I am with you, I don't want to kill my own food, but it is a bit absurd for animal rights activists to think our omnivore evolution can be forced out of existence. Hunting is part of our evolution and even if one wants to argue better treatment of animals, which is fine, trying to stop all animal eating is nuts.

A fish feels pain just like a cow or pig. But if anyone thinks I am going to stop eating steak or bacon, they have another thing coming.

Eating one another is the very nature of this planet. (I suspect it's the same, throughout the universe.)

Unless you can put down roots into the soil, and take nourishment by converting inorganic minerals into energy by photosynthesis, you're going to have to eat another living thing.

Those who claim moral superiority by eating only plants are not morally superior, but deluded and guilty of "speciesism". That is, they consider themselves to be innocent for eating something that can not squirm, squeal or bleed when they do it.

Fucking wankers, the lot of them....

I would say if we found life on other planets as diverse with some of it at our cognitive level, yes, it would be consuming other life too.

I don't mind the aspect of resource management in not killing animals for trophies or to the point of extinction. I don't even mind thinking of ways to raise animal food more humanly. And yes we are one species among many and they are right about that, but just like humans other mammals eat meat too.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2015, 04:49 PM
(12-03-2015 04:12 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 07:09 PM)BnW Wrote:  I know they do this so you can see that it's fresh,

How do you know that what they serve you comes from what they show you?

I don't. I actually wondered how many people were shown that same red snapper.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
12-03-2015, 06:12 PM
(12-03-2015 04:49 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 04:12 PM)unfogged Wrote:  How do you know that what they serve you comes from what they show you?

I don't. I actually wondered how many people were shown that same red snapper.

I hope they at least cooked it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
12-03-2015, 06:24 PM
This makes me think of how gullible humans are to the point they will pay outrageous prices for anything. It is one thing to pay a little more to indulge yourself, but after a certain point it looks obscene and selfish. Diamonds are not priced based on limited resources, they are based on monopolies of the sources that control the mines, and marketed based on narcissism. Sports cars are another thing I cant stand. They may be works of art sure, but they suck gas on top of it not being legal to speed on public roads anyway.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user