Hello, I'm a theist and atheist at the same time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2017, 12:04 AM
RE: Hello, I'm a theist and atheist at the same time
Heya, welcome Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2017, 12:15 AM
Welcome, Deepak!

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
14-06-2017, 01:08 AM
Hiyas. I hope I get to understand your views over time.
14-06-2017, 04:41 AM
Hello! Big Grin
14-06-2017, 04:53 AM
Welcome to the forum. I have no idea how you can be a theist and an atheist at the same time...but why not lol.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
14-06-2017, 07:29 AM
(14-06-2017 04:53 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Welcome to the forum. I have no idea how you can be a theist and an atheist at the same time...but why not lol.

Obvious, ain't it? OP's Schrodinger's (a)theist Yes

[Image: schrodinger-and-heisenberg-are-speeding-...783279.png]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 13 users Like Vera's post
14-06-2017, 07:36 AM
(13-06-2017 02:29 PM)Oranssi Wrote:  Yes, that is how I define myself. I'm both at the same time, therefore I could as well be none.

I don't believe in believe. That being said, I believe that we are all transparent to Nature which we humans make part of. All things known and unknown are plenty as they are, so much so that everyone is biased to conserve their own identity that is the manifestation of that which is stranger than we can suppose.

But one thing I know for sure!
I am an animal, I have the same necessities as the other beings and there is the unfathomable mystery.

And at this constant contradition lies the conservation of infinity.

Besides that all is poetry, and I like poetry because knowledge without emotion (hence biased) is sterile and has no use.

Welcome!

But with all due respect, no you're not unless you are redefining terms in a manner that's inconsistent with normal / traditional usage.

You wrote a bunch of words here without saying anything; whether that's due to an incoherent concept or lack of communication mastery is yet to determined. I encourage you to expound on what you actually mean so that perhaps an engaging dialogue can ensue.

Again and sincerely, welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes Stefan Mayerschoff's post
14-06-2017, 07:41 AM
(14-06-2017 07:29 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 04:53 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Welcome to the forum. I have no idea how you can be a theist and an atheist at the same time...but why not lol.

Obvious, ain't it? OP's Schrodinger's (a)theist Yes

[Image: schrodinger-and-heisenberg-are-speeding-...783279.png]

[Image: MoB1u3S.png]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 15 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
14-06-2017, 07:50 AM
Hi Oranssi - glad to have you here.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
14-06-2017, 07:51 AM
(13-06-2017 02:29 PM)Oranssi Wrote:  Yes, that is how I define myself. I'm both at the same time, therefore I could as well be none.

I don't believe in believe. That being said, I believe that we are all transparent to Nature which we humans make part of. All things known and unknown are plenty as they are, so much so that everyone is biased to conserve their own identity that is the manifestation of that which is stranger than we can suppose.

But one thing I know for sure!
I am an animal, I have the same necessities as the other beings and there is the unfathomable mystery.

And at this constant contradition lies the conservation of infinity.

Besides that all is poetry, and I like poetry because knowledge without emotion (hence biased) is sterile and has no use.

We have to be polite to introductory messages. So welcome to the forum

Now, please post this same message elsewhere in the forum to see what kind of responses you get.

Good luck.

Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post