Hello, I'm a theist and atheist at the same time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2017, 07:54 AM
RE: Hello, I'm a theist and atheist at the same time
(14-06-2017 07:41 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 07:29 AM)Vera Wrote:  Obvious, ain't it? OP's Schrodinger's (a)theist Yes

[Image: schrodinger-and-heisenberg-are-speeding-...783279.png]

[Image: MoB1u3S.png]

LOL, outstanding!

Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2017, 07:57 AM
Welcome.

As others have suggested, if you're interested in discussing your position(s) on theism and atheism, feel free to post a thread in one of the other forums, so posters can respond in more depth than the rules of this section allow.

I for one would be very interested in such a thread.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
14-06-2017, 07:57 AM
(14-06-2017 07:41 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  [Image: MoB1u3S.png]

[Image: like-dislike-schroedinger.jpg]

: ) :

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
14-06-2017, 08:11 AM
(14-06-2017 07:36 AM)Stefan Mayerschoff Wrote:  
(13-06-2017 02:29 PM)Oranssi Wrote:  Yes, that is how I define myself. I'm both at the same time, therefore I could as well be none.

I don't believe in believe. That being said, I believe that we are all transparent to Nature which we humans make part of. All things known and unknown are plenty as they are, so much so that everyone is biased to conserve their own identity that is the manifestation of that which is stranger than we can suppose.

But one thing I know for sure!
I am an animal, I have the same necessities as the other beings and there is the unfathomable mystery.

And at this constant contradition lies the conservation of infinity.

Besides that all is poetry, and I like poetry because knowledge without emotion (hence biased) is sterile and has no use.

Welcome!

But with all due respect, no you're not unless you are redefining terms in a manner that's inconsistent with normal / traditional usage.

You wrote a bunch of words here without saying anything; whether that's due to an incoherent concept or lack of communication mastery is yet to determined. I encourage you to expound on what you actually mean so that perhaps an engaging dialogue can ensue.

Again and sincerely, welcome!

My position is a bit complicated to describe, yet completely simple.

I'm sure that I will have time to explain my point of view when in the right circunstances, will arise with the different discussions.
14-06-2017, 08:19 AM
(14-06-2017 08:11 AM)Oranssi Wrote:  My position is a bit complicated to describe, yet completely simple.

Word of warning mate, if you keep up with stuff like this, you're going to have a bad time.

Welcome and all that, but seriously, you're talking to a forum of critical thinkers and [mostly] atheists here, that shit isn't gonna fly buddy.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
14-06-2017, 02:08 PM
(13-06-2017 02:29 PM)Oranssi Wrote:  Yes, that is how I define myself. I'm both at the same time, therefore I could as well be none.

I don't believe in believe. That being said, I believe that we are all transparent to Nature which we humans make part of. All things known and unknown are plenty as they are, so much so that everyone is biased to conserve their own identity that is the manifestation of that which is stranger than we can suppose.

But one thing I know for sure!
I am an animal, I have the same necessities as the other beings and there is the unfathomable mystery.

And at this constant contradition lies the conservation of infinity.

Besides that all is poetry, and I like poetry because knowledge without emotion (hence biased) is sterile and has no use.

I haven't a clue what you're on about, but welcome to the forum.

This should be interesting, Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
14-06-2017, 02:18 PM
[Image: tumblr_n12g3dwfiJ1slf3xro6_r1_250.gif]
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
14-06-2017, 02:53 PM

I know what you mean. I feel the same way about God and Bob.

#sigh
18-06-2017, 06:32 AM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forum. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
18-06-2017, 10:14 AM

I am a atheist -- that is, someone who believes that God does not exist -- who also believes that God is logically necessary. So I can honestly say that I am an atheist who believes in God. It's a God of logical necessity.