Hello, I'm not sure what I am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2014, 11:28 AM
Hello, I'm not sure what I am
Currently I'm a practicing Roman Catholic, but I feel that I am "this close" to taking the next step to no longer believing. I plan on doing a lot of reading on this site and to chime in on topics. It seems like the more you dig, the more unanswered questions you find.

If you want to know more about me, feel free to ask and I'll answer as best as I can without giving away my identity. I look forward to meeting you as time goes on.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Plan 9 from OS's post
21-04-2014, 11:40 AM
RE: Hello, I'm not sure what I am
(21-04-2014 11:28 AM)Plan 9 from OS Wrote:  Currently I'm a practicing Roman Catholic, but I feel that I am "this close" to taking the next step to no longer believing. I plan on doing a lot of reading on this site and to chime in on topics. It seems like the more you dig, the more unanswered questions you find.

If you want to know more about me, feel free to ask and I'll answer as best as I can without giving away my identity. I look forward to meeting you as time goes on.

Welcome here is your welcome seal.

[Image: 99.jpeg]

Also don't feel bad if you are a theist on here, you are still welcome. There is a man named Kingschosen and he is theist that helps run shit here. Go ask him what to do if that is the case.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
21-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
21-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Lots of ex-Catholics here.

You should be able to find people to talk to here.

[Image: welcome.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-04-2014, 11:49 AM
To answer your question: Human.

Also welcome.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
21-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Welcome!

I'm ex-RC too.

FYI things will go much smoother here if you are sincere. We tend to be a bit prickly if we smell a wolf in sheep's clothing.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
21-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Thanks all for the welcome. I'm sincere. I am not trying to convert anyone to RCC or Christianity. My goal is to weigh all the facts and logical positions for each POV and to determine what my path will be. I'm on the fence at the moment.
21-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Welcome aboard. [Image: ItttY2o.gif]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
21-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Study more about the catholic traditoins and why you are supposed to believe in them. Actually getting to know all that should be more than enough to deconvert anyone with half a brain willing to use it. The more I studied and learned the further away I moved. One day I relized just how far I had moved and that was about it.

Yes, another ex-catholic here
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
21-04-2014, 01:14 PM
(21-04-2014 12:49 PM)wazzel Wrote:  Study more about the catholic traditoins and why you are supposed to believe in them. Actually getting to know all that should be more than enough to deconvert anyone with half a brain willing to use it. The more I studied and learned the further away I moved. One day I relized just how far I had moved and that was about it.

Yes, another ex-catholic here

I've already told a number of my family members that I cannot accept any private revelation like Lourdes, Fatima, the shroud of Turin and stories about the preserved corpses of the saints from the middle ages .