Hello Internet, my old friend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2015, 10:42 PM
Hello Internet, my old friend
Just a quick post to say hi to everyone and introduce myself. I'm female, 21 years old, I've been an atheist since I was 15-ish. I think religious topics are really interesting to learn about and discuss. I'm on my way to earning a minor degree in Religion and I spend an inordinate amount of time listening to Christian/non-Christian debates on Premier Christian Radio's "Unbelievable?" Podcast. I do enjoy listening to the Christian side of things along with my own; it's good for the brain. As much as I like a good argument, though, I do crave some interaction with like-minded people, which is perhaps what led me here.

I used to be on discussion forums like this all the time, but it has been a long time since I've been active on a forum. To be honest, I miss it. After all, it was lovely bullies on the Internet who first helped me abandon my theism and understand atheism as an acceptable position back in my teens. Effective they were, but tactful they were not. No hard feelings though, I owe them a lot. I hope engaging in discussions again will help me continue to work out my own beliefs as well as positively (and politely!) influence other people's understandings of themselves.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like GoodPointBear's post
25-07-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: Hello Internet, my old friend
Welcome!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
25-07-2015, 11:07 PM
Welcome
25-07-2015, 11:23 PM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
26-07-2015, 12:53 AM
That may be the most enjoyable "why I became an atheist" story I've heard in years. Thanks! Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
26-07-2015, 01:07 AM
Welcome!

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
26-07-2015, 01:27 AM
Hello! Big Grin
26-07-2015, 01:31 AM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-07-2015, 01:38 AM
Hiya, Bear, hope you like it here.
26-07-2015, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2015 06:50 PM by GirlyMan.)
Hello darkness my old friend.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post